Would you believe this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the no notch method that apears to be used in teh picture reminds me of an incident at work last year. i work as a truck a equipment mechanic, we have a guy that is sorta the odd job and parts runner, lawn mower etc. he was supposed to be cutting brush back fromt he chainlink fence around our place, not the kinda guy that realy should be running a chainsaw, but the boss gave him the 021 and told him to cut back brush 3ft from the fence. well he encountered a tree about 5 ft from the fence that had a branch he couldnt reach to cut off so he decided to cut the tree down, he has lotsa ambition but much less thought and planning, well it had a huge lean towards the fence and the powelines just inside the fence. thank god another employing happened to come by and stop him as he had already cut about 2/3 of the way thru the 8 inch diameter tree, with no real method, cut a little from this side, a little from that side, about 5 different cuts all around it with a saw that was very dull from hitting rocks all day. had to have the power company come and cut it up higher with insulated tools and all. that was the end of his use of a chainsaw!

ive done that before, i got my 266 and my 55 rancher stuck in the same tree, overhead. we ended up having to chisel the saws out with a hammer and woodchisel.

now i keep a woodchisel and hammer with me just in case...

Latest posts

Back