Yard Sale Saw Dolmar DCS 7901

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangergord

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
002.JPG 001.JPG 004.JPG

Been a while since I have visited the forum but this morning I happened to go to a yardsale just down the road and found this. It was used in an Alaska chainsaw mill and someone bought the mill for a saw they already owned! So missed a deal on mill but paid $200 CAN for this saw. I can't find anything wrong with it yet. I started it right up. The bar seems to still have life left in it. The chain needs some serious sharpening. The PO has a set of dogs for it that he will get back to me with, along with some ripping chain. Its got a 24" oregon bar and was in a 24" mill. I am planning on getting a new 24" mill for it and exploring chainsaw milling.
I have had my eye on the DCS 6421 with the 79cc big bore kit at Bailey's for a few years now but I did not really NEED one and the price of them just keeps climbing! Now I can have my cake and eat it too.

All right, so after reading a bit here about my new to me saw, I can see why some of you are so jealous. Looks like I got a good deal, especially for a Canuck. LOL! All I did was crawl out of bed to go to a yard sale, which I don't often do. I'll head on over to the milling forum soon. Maybe they'll appreciate my good fortune more :)

Latest posts

Back