Yet another Stihl bar to Husqvarna thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just made a switch from Stihl 661 to a 3120XP for milling.
What I would like to do is, convert my Stihl Rollmatic 36” bar to mount on the 3120.
I have a bunch of Ripping chains in 3/8, .063, 114dl I would like to use. Mostly Stihl Skip chains refiled to 10*
I’ve seen the little adapter plates from Canon on ebay… do these work with the 3120?
The add is ambiguous at best as to which models will work.
If these adapters DO work, will the 114 DL chain still be the right size?
Looking at new Oregon 3/8 .063 36” bar for the 3120 is 115DL .(so one extra link from wha I have)
I’m just not sure if the extra link comes from the bar dimension or the spacing to the sprocket from the Bar studs.
I guess I can get a link added if I must.

Asking you good folks to save me from myself here or push me onward. Is this do-able with reasonable but not stupid effort or, should I just clean up/sharpen my ripping chains and put them for sale and… start over?
Other than a few files and some drill bits, I have little in terms of metal working tools.... tons of woodworking gear. :D
I’ve ordered a couple 3/8 rims for the 3120 as it’s .404 now which, is great for general use but a bit wasteful for milling.
Anyone done this exercise or similar before?

Thanks for the replies!

Latest posts

Back