you folks with the perfect looking chainsaws....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really not that hard to keep 'em looking good. Wipe 'em down at the end of the day, use some compressed air if necessary. Try not to let trees fall on them and do your best to avoid letting them bounce around in the back of your truck or wood trailer. I have a mid 70's 041 that still has nearly all of the paint on its bottom and was used regularly. I see a ton of saws on E-Bay that are missing nearly all their bottom casing paint. What the heck happended?? Did the saw stop cutting and someone decided to bludgeon the rest of it down with the saw's bottom? You don't necessarily have to baby 'em, but there's nothing wrong with giving them their due at the end of a day's work by keeping them clean.

It's really not that hard to keep 'em looking good. Wipe 'em down at the end of the day, use some compressed air if necessary. Try not to let trees fall on them and do your best to avoid letting them bounce around in the back of your truck or wood trailer. I have a mid 70's 041 that still has nearly all of the paint on its bottom and was used regularly. I see a ton of saws on E-Bay that are missing nearly all their bottom casing paint. What the heck happended?? Did the saw stop cutting and someone decided to bludgeon the rest of it down with the saw's bottom? You don't necessarily have to baby 'em, but there's nothing wrong with giving them their due at the end of a day's work by keeping them clean.

I agree. They work for you why not give them some love.
Matt

I clean and polish all of them immediately after every use, except for the Poulan and PM610's. The Poulan and PM610's are also the ones that seem to get the most use. I figure the other ones have more value to me, and they were cleaner to start with when I got them. Well I guess the Poulan was also bought new and came clean, but the darn plastic allows imbedded staining that you absolutely can't get out. I still clean the Poulan and 610's, but I don't spend time shining them up like the rest. I absolutely hate going to a dirty and tough looking saw. I also hate picking up a saw and having a pile of oil underneath it, so I make sure to control that. Also hate having an oil-coated chain brake area and bar if I go to change out the bar or chain next time I use the saw. All this also makes me more cautious on how I use the saws, so that I don't damage them, or misuse them and harm myself. Of course, i'm usually not under a time-constraint when i'm cutting either.

a few more pics

my most used saws. the 026 has been my most used, i cut quite a few 20" trees and usualy try to limb with it unless im along ways from the road.

i blow my saws off and clean filters after each day of cutting.

combo1.jpg

combo.jpg

new to me 034 super. this is after i cleaned it up. someone used it just enough to knock some of the paint off the bar. i havent yet cut with it
GEDC0454.jpg

my 026 and ported 359, neither are this clean anymore
attachment.php

i like posting pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

371XP, Bailey's Big Bore, Muffler Modded and just back together after porting.
This saw I bought brand new coming up to 14 years.
My only form of heating is firewood and it's used for camping and 4Wdriving.

Will post up footage I just took running through hardwood as soon as I work out how it's done.

AUSSIE1

great lookin saw, its a very clean 371 wish my 372 looked that good when i got it

you folks with the perfect looking chainsaws....
got a question for ya.... do you ever use em?

in case you're wondering... I'm just jealous :censored:

all my saws look well used.. ok hammered ... except my new to me 026 with low hours.

026 fin.JPG

026 fin2.JPG

Yep i use them i can show you on what.

Stihlman, whats that trailor rig you got your saws on in the third picture? Super Axe?

Last edited:
Yep i use them i can show you on what.

Those orange bars are the best looking things iv ever seen. When my stihl bars get to looking ####ty i paint them orange.
Whats the best paint to use? I did it once and sold the saw. came out good. Should i prime them?
Matt

Those orange bars are the best looking things iv ever seen. When my stihl bars get to looking ####ty i paint them orange.
Whats the best paint to use? I did it once and sold the saw. came out good. Should i prime them?
Matt

Ha Matt i dont know what paint you can use thats just how they come from GB.I got two more in the post today,they are back in productoin again which can only be a good thing because they are a great product. :)

That super axe is a nice lookin setup. I've never seen anything like it in the states. Probably because some Darwinite chopped his hand off with one and the trend caught on.

How well does it work? I like that working height, and the location of the controls.

My buds are top notch fabricators and are in the process of building a splitter. I will show him that link. They are the type who will spare no amount of time to put out something better.

You should post in the splitter forum on that thing.

Back