You just never know what someone wants!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me; today a lady called and wanted some short logs to use to display shoes on in her store front. She came out and picked up a dozen 2’ oak logs about 10” in diameter and was happy to pay me $30.00.
You just never know what someone wants!

1. This past spring I got a call from a guy that wanted some freshly cut, not dry, log lengths to grow mushrooms on.

2. Yesterday I got an email from somebody that wanted a section of log with the bark firmly attached to use as a mold to make fireplace logs.

3. I have had several calls from people wnating something to carve.

A four wheel drive shop asked me to cut a two foot tall a four foot tall and a six foot tall stump out of a 34 inch log i had so he could make a display in his show room..

I guess I need to keep some raw wood available in deferent forms so I can accommodate the odd request. I have sold burl and forked wood for turning. I have a few logs that are hollow and I make rustic trash cans and ash trays out of. They sell faster then I can find and make them. I have sold cedar limbs that lie out in the woods and get that slick aged look to them, for atriums and aquariums. I need to take a trip down to the coast and get some drift wood to play with.

Dennis

Latest posts

Back