You know you have CAD when......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well least it's yellow

I was going to ask for a yellow diamond, but they are worth less than colorless ones. Refined uranium yellowcake is also yellow. I was going to ask for that too, but reconsidered. Lots of REALLY insanely expensive shyte can fit into a box that size.

I was going to ask for a yellow diamond, but they are worth less than colorless ones. Refined uranium yellowcake is also yellow. I was going to ask for that too, but reconsidered. Lots of REALLY insanely expensive shyte can fit into a box that size.
Appears I need to find a much smaller box

windthrown - as noted above, McCulloch's first attempt at a consumer saw. I believe Randy Mac would confirm these will make your blood foam just like an 090.

Mac 15 2.jpg

fwgsaw - have you been sailing along the coast of Mexico? You should see what I found in pieces inside this box...

DSC05666.JPG

DSC06823.JPG

DSC06826.JPG

Joe Salva was supposed to send me a set of decals but it never happened.

Austin - let me know if you need the thick spacer or the thin one, 54 cc saw or 70 cc saw, I expect I can find one in the attic.

Mark

windthrown - as noted above, McCulloch's first attempt at a consumer saw. I believe Randy Mac would confirm these will make your blood foam just like an 090.

View attachment 552107

fwgsaw - have you been sailing along the coast of Mexico? You should see what I found in pieces inside this box...

View attachment 552108

View attachment 552109

View attachment 552110

Austin - let me know if you need the thick spacer or the thin one, 54 cc saw or 70 cc saw, I expect I can find one in the attic.

Mark
I need one for a 54cc saw, my Leer charger to be precise, the carb was glued down and when I took it off, half of that spacer came with, and half stayed on the saw lol

View attachment 552107

View attachment 552108

View attachment 552109

View attachment 552110

Mark
Looks like a cp125 that I wouldn't mind having. Funny you mention the coast of Mexico, I'm not down there but my dad is cruising around there somewhere.

Check you Lear to make sure it is in fact a 54cc, I was told the original power head on those was the 7-10. The 54 cc saws are 1.75" displacement x 1.375" stroke, the 70 cc saws are 2.00" displacement x 1.375" stroke.

O.K., rereading the thread you are saying you need the spacer under the carburetor, not the one between the tank and the carburetor. I am pretty sure those are all the same

Mark

Check you Lear to make sure it is in fact a 54cc, I was told the original power head on those was the 7-10. The 54 cc saws are 1.75" displacement x 1.375" stroke, the 70 cc saws are 2.00" displacement x 1.375" stroke.

O.K., rereading the thread you are saying you need the spacer under the carburetor, not the one between the tank and the carburetor. I am pretty sure those are all the same

Mark
I have researched the serial number on the tag in the air filter housing, and If memory serves it was an early mac 10-10 model, as plain as you could get, has the early type filter and all, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to measure the bore.

View attachment 552107

Mark

80cc consumer saws? I ran mine with full skip, and they may have been 30 inch B&C, but the memory is fading. I dropped and chopped up a lot of Monterey pines with them in California. I needed the pair to ensure I could always get one started. But that is the same with my Stihl saws today. I always take 2 with me into the woods.

This was copied from Mike Acres site:

COMMENTS:
spacer.gif
First McCulloch "Consumer" chain saw model

I think they mean to say this saw was not intended for the professional, commercial, or even farm type usage but rather for the everyday sort of guy.

While the Mac 15 shared the same basic cylinder casting as all of the other 80 cc saws, like the other low performance models only two of the three exhaust ports were opened up and it probably had other less obvious differences in the porting. The HC carburetor relied on gravity feed as there was no fuel pump section so the saw would have been very limited in its usefulness as a felling saw. The manual oiler would get old in a hurry as well, though many of the McCulloch saw had only manual oilers before 1963 or so.

Mark

80cc consumer saws? I ran mine with full skip, and they may have been 30 inch B&C, but the memory is fading. I dropped and chopped up a lot of Monterey pines with them in California. I needed the pair to ensure I could always get one started. But that is the same with my Stihl saws today. I always take 2 with me into the woods.
Yes there were marketed towards the consumer market and never intended to be sold to pro users. That's why there fairly easy to find in good condition because most hardly got used.

This was copied from Mike Acres site:

COMMENTS:
spacer.gif
First McCulloch "Consumer" chain saw model

I think they mean to say this saw was not intended for the professional, commercial, or even farm type usage but rather for the everyday sort of guy.

80cc saws for the consumer... my dad had a Homelite EZ in the 1960s that was the consumer saw. More scaled down to homeowners. When I got these MACs in the early 1980s, they were well used. I got them at a garage sale and the guy said they were forest service saws. Dunno if that was true or not. We used them mainly for bucking and insurance work for fallen trees. The thumb oilers were an issue, but that was what we had. We were not rich in those days, and I was in college.

Latest posts

Back