You know you have CAD when......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My house I live in was built by the founder of the town. It is closing in on 180 years old. It was built to house two families, one down and one upstairs, there's a window upstairs that goes all the way to the floor, it used to be the doorway for family number 2. A few years back we put on a new roof and found that the main frame of the house is hand hewn oak 8x8s with mortise and tenon joints holding it together.

Cool. When I was a kid people showed off their old arts and crafts houses here, all build with solid wood and not a nail in them. Oak beams should last forever.

Now? Houses here are staple/nailed together 2x4s with strand board siding. Everything else is all veneer. I think my dubba wyde will last longer.

Cool. When I was a kid people showed off their old arts and crafts houses here, all build with solid wood and not a nail in them. Oak beams should last forever.

Now? Houses here are staple/nailed together 2x4s with strand board siding. Everything else is all veneer. I think my dubba wyde will last longer.
Well, there's a reason my house is still standing.

That's an orline saw, I actually have one of those here at the house. Mines branded as a sears, where did you find an nos one?
This is what happens when a member of this site sends you a pm with a link to a saw that is on eBay that was overpriced but oh well it's mine now.

When I make counter offer on saw for full price minus shipping. Should come by end of month (-; (-; masterminded couple hundred under local retail (-; grinning already face may split putting her into wood. (our gang; Alfalfa said "things of beauty power or greatness are referred in feminine ) who can argue with that philosofer

you know you have CAD when you buy a goofy little homeowners saw on sale you know you'll seldom run, just cause it was dirt cheap, then try to smuggle it into the garage under your coat before the dog barking gives you away and the wife catches you red handed.

wait a minute .... I think this one falls more under the ***** whipped category :buttkick:

Latest posts

Back