Your Opinion On A MS460?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its realy not that heavy, probly feel like a 361 with big block under the hood

There is no such thing as more saw than you need. The giant upward curling grin on your face will magically make all the extra weight disappear. :biggrinbounce2:

Roughly speaking, I would say that a 460 with a 25" bar would weigh in maybe 4 lb. more than a 361 with a 20" bar. Just for reference. Whether that 4 lb. is enough to make a difference to you depends on you. I figure for most people it won't.

If it's a good price, you can't lose, 'cuz if you decided to unload it you could have it sold in no time at all. I'd go ahead and buy the thing, fool with it, use it, and I predict you'll like it well enough.

Last edited:
Good saw.

But if you buy one , never ever run it and a 7900 one right after the other. 7900 is way smoother in the cut..
To me the antivibe on a 460 is pretty harsh.

Or skip the dual port front and open that pencil sized hole to at least 9/16"

First things first, I have to say to everyone that I greatly appreciate the input. The cruddy part is that I just lost the ebay auction. I now have 2 choices, buy a ms361 new from a store I get a nice discount at OR buy a used 036 pro from a guy in Washington state who told me he would sell me one for 300. I can always lurk on egay for another ms460 but these guys are on crack in terms of the prices these saws are going for right now. Should I go for the 361? The 036? Or find a MS460? Whats the most you would pay for a used MS460?

Either the 036, or 361 would be good. But you could find a used 361 for not much more than the price of the 036. I think there is one in the tradin post for 450. But, i like the 036 too, if you can talk him down a little and its in good shape.

Either the 036, or 361 would be good. But you could find a used 361 for not much more than the price of the 036. I think there is one in the tradin post for 450. But, i like the 036 too, if you can talk him down a little and its in good shape.

I like that plan. I'll look into it. At the same time 450 isn't too far off from what I'm going to pay new from the dealer I get a discount at. I need to hurry up and get this done because I have a tree job coming up at the end of this month and I cant be scrambling for a saw the day before the job comes up.

I had one last year.MS460, If a person likes one fine. I sold mine to a friend. He loves it. I never warmed up to it. It felt awkward, vibrated and the controls seemed backwards.
My 7900 is smooth and feels much better.

Back