Your "Special" saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't have to be a daily user, or even a go to saw... just one that seems to be made for your hands.

With that quote in mind, I say for me its my Poulan Pro 365 or any of the others in that series. The handles and controls are just laid out perfect for me.

I also have a soft spot for the Partner 5000 that was mentioned earlier but like the choke and ign switch on the Poulan Pro 325 better. I also like the way the 262XP feels but that choke lever is just retarded on it.

Going fine Randy,thank you.
I have been trying to downsize but like with you,the dadburned things keep just appearing out of nowhere !!!
:)
Jerry,just paint the trees on the top of the saws pink :)

Only trouble with that is not all the saws have trees on them, ah well the locks have worked well with the fore mentioned backup.
Pioneerguy600

This is a tough one. I probably would say my 7901 is the saw I enjoy using the most but it is always fun to switch to the 350. I was going to pick up a 346 this year but the 350 has always done everything I have asked it to. Just seemed too much like cheating on it to replace it.

I've been playing with them wildthings quite a bit lately, sure is an easy saw to work on and cheap too. The last one I did is fun to use and light as a feather. I may have a new favorite. :cheers:

Ya'll believe me don't ya?

Husqvarna 365 it has "special" written on it, I'd say my Stihl 032, it starts by the 3rd pull (or sooner) and been handy and trusting to bring along on the hunting/camping trips.

I find myself grabbing my 254xp the most. It's probably the ugliest, most beaten saw I have but runs fantastic. Perfect fit for me in anything under 16".

I don`t cut a lot of wood but sense I got a 272xp it gets used more than the MS 361. The little Husky 350 always gets used for limbing. I also like the 012 for limbing. I`m yet to use the husky 365 special,440,460,064 and other saws in the shed.

the funny thing is that i love my 36cc plastic poulan it's cut stuff under water, or full of dirt. everything i'd would not touch with the 310 plus during the winter it rides in the back of the truck in the rain

I hate to put this in public forum, but the most "ergonomic" saw that fits me the best is the Echo CS-510. It's super smooth, fast, nimble and excellent anti-vibe.

My closed port Husqvarna 55's are a close second, followed by the 262XP.

The absolute WORST in the bunch is my 268XP after installing the new "hard" rubber mounts in it......Cliff

My flavor of the week is my Husqvarna 61 w/ full wrap. Have hardly cut with it, but regretted selling my first 61 a while back and picked this one up. Darn glad I did, this is by all means the nicest 61 I have laid my paws on. Ill have to post some pics up of it here in a bit.

I hate to put this in public forum, but the most "ergonomic" saw that fits me the best is the Echo CS-510. It's super smooth, fast, nimble and excellent anti-vibe.

My closed port Husqvarna 55's are a close second, followed by the 262XP.

The absolute WORST in the bunch is my 268XP after installing the new "hard" rubber mounts in it......Cliff

Hey Cliff, Ill take that 268 off of your hands when you are ready to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back