Your "Special" saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say without a doudt my ported NE346XP.I cut off 5 20" or so stumps with it a couple weeks ago,didn't even slow it down with the 16" bar:cheers:
attachment.php
But I do have a new Dolmar 7900 that may be very special too:clap:

The twins of course. Twinkle and The Barbie. I tried a 361 and had problems but when I got hold of a 440, it was meant to be. So I adopted The Barbie Saw and work funds bought Twinkle.

Twinkle had to work today to make a road safer. She had to cut through a gnarly old hemlock. She did well. :clap:

The twins of course. Twinkle and The Barbie. I tried a 361 and had problems but when I got hold of a 440, it was meant to be. So I adopted The Barbie Saw and work funds bought Twinkle.

Twinkle had to work today to make a road safer. She had to cut through a gnarly old hemlock. She did well. :clap:

Hon, since I haven't followed the Ken and Barbie thing from the beginning, which is which? I suppose I could figure it out, but enquiring minds want to know without all the effort. :) :)

BTW, I like it when folks name their saws. Says more about the sawyer than the saw. Hmmmmm . . . methinks it's time to conjure. Got lotsa creamsicles with no names. :D :D

dolmar 5100 or stihl ms460.with the 50cc gettin the most run time.
I doubt the dolmar will ever completely replace my .026 but it is growing on me.

My 028 Super without a doubt feels like an appendage as much as one of my hands. Dependable as a stone is hard, has literally never been down for repairs and has the sweetest balance/eros with a 16" B/C setup. My first saw purchase, liked it so much I've acquired three more over the years. Oops, forgot I picked up a 028 WB project little over a week ago, guess that makes it five in the stable. 036 is a close second, or maybe the 038M II and I really dig my 048 Super. Nope, 028 is my all-time favorite.

Hi
I thought this will be the perfect time to introduce myself since I'm new here, I have 2 saws worth mentioning and they are Stihl 026 and my favourite would be my Stihl 028 AVS Wood Boss makes the right noise and fits right in the hands slightly heavier than the 026, but for me that just fits me fine.:greenchainsaw:

Swanie

I 2nd the welcome aboard........and your choice.:cheers:

Gotsta be my 044 with full compliment of different bars and chains from 16" to 32" she pretty much does whatever I ask of her on the ground or in the trees.
:cheers:

now im a devoted husqvarna fan and it hurts me to say this but, my favorite saw is my Stihl ms361 running a 20" bar and woodland pro rsc chain

Last edited:
394xp my father in law gave me. I could listen to it idle all day long, and makes a stump in a hurry - Sam

All of them.

But 394 sure is a hog that I love to run.

And who can forget the Mercury DA-211? What a great handling saw. :)

Old saws need to be ran by everbody to appreciate the new saws like a ported 346 turnin over 16K r's

I think for me it's one of the 440's (not even ported just DP muff) and the ported MS260. The ported 440/460 just jumps but I'm pretty happy with just a 440 with a DP and a 20" bar. Seems to cover anything I cut.

All of them.

But 394 sure is a hog that I love to run.

And who can forget the Mercury DA-211? What a great handling saw. :)

Old saws need to be ran by everbody to appreciate the new saws like a ported 346 turnin over 16K r's

Your absolutely right; it's fun to pull out the old stuff and get some trigger time with them.

So, if we're talking favorite older saw; it would be one of my Jonsered 49SP's. I run them frequently, and they really don't even feel like old saws.

I'll have to agree with the 394 as well, great sounding saw. I hardly pull mine out anymore, I'll have to bring it next time out, it needs some love.

Hon, since I haven't followed the Ken and Barbie thing from the beginning, which is which? I suppose I could figure it out, but enquiring minds want to know without all the effort. :) :)

BTW, I like it when folks name their saws. Says more about the sawyer than the saw. Hmmmmm . . . methinks it's time to conjure. Got lotsa creamsicles with no names. :D :D

440s are good saws around here. Very manly. I did not want guys coveting my saws. So, I put Barbie stickers and lots of bling rhinestones on the saws to make them girly. As you know, what with all the references to girlies, panties, etc. anything girly is bad. I intended to repell most guys with the girly stuff. I worked on a thinning crew back in the dark ages, was the last one to be hired, and all the good saws were claimed. I finally found one that would run if the chain was kept loose, which meant the chain was thrown a few times each day. Because of that, I want my own, good running saw--for me. I am selfish. :)

Twinkle goes to work, The Barbie Saw is the firewood saw.

When I started reading this forum, the MS361 was in its "cures cancer" phase. I bought one, and wasn't terribly impressed. Didn't seem all that powerful, had some wonky idle issues. But it gained power as it broke in, got sorted out, and it's become my go to saw. It's not the same kind of blast as the MS660 or 372xp, it's not as nimble and fun as the MS260, but since I got it, it's cut more firewood than the rest of them put together. Not too big, not too small. Most of the time, it's just right.

Jack

Latest posts

Back