Your "Special" saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R me it's my dolmar 133 sucker has tons of power, and with a 20" bar it's unstopable second favorite is the 5100

I'd have to pick the Shindaiwa 577 out of the herd. Even though I do most of my cutting with 488's, there is something about the 577 that just feels right to me.

For me it's Cécile, my MS180. She was my first saw, and immediately when I picked her up in the store, it was just like she was made for me and my thin-as-a-rail frame. I had never really thought about using a chainsaw, thinking they were all too heavy for me, but when I held this one I immediately felt I could do it. Now, I carry the slightly bigger Jonsered with me in the car everywhere I go, and that's the one I use. She's more powerful and I feel more confident with her, knowing she can get the job done, but Cécile will always be my first, my foremost and my favorite. The one that was made for me.

You name your tools too!? I only name my tractors though. How do you know your MS180 is a girl?;) I know my Ford 7500 is 'cause I work on her all the time, LOL.:cheers:
Anyway, my favorite saw right now is the 346 NE, it used to be the 357, But I've gone with the 2 saw plan, and grab my 362 (w/72cc jug) and the 346 now.

026. Handy size for what i want. Always reach for it.First saw i did a complete rebuild on too, although that particular saw my FIL has now.I expect that if i was into heavier wood regularly, then my 046 would be my `to go` saw, but must of what i cut is smaller stuff.

It'd be My 044 . I've got other saws that are newer ,and I like them a lot . But, the 044 was my first pro grade saw . I bought it in '99 when We moved to Pa . after I retired from the AF ,and knew that I wouldn't be moving again any time soon .

Last edited:
Hi
I thought this will be the perfect time to introduce myself since I'm new here, I have 2 saws worth mentioning and they are Stihl 026 and my favourite would be my Stihl 028 AVS Wood Boss makes the right noise and fits right in the hands slightly heavier than the 026, but for me that just fits me fine.:greenchainsaw:

Swanie

Hi
I thought this will be the perfect time to introduce myself since I'm new here, I have 2 saws worth mentioning and they are Stihl 026 and my favourite would be my Stihl 028 AVS Wood Boss makes the right noise and fits right in the hands slightly heavier than the 026, but for me that just fits me fine.:greenchainsaw:

Swanie

Welcome to AS, Swanie. I have a warm place in my heart for the 028 series, too. First Stihl I ever owned, and used it to cut down many, many trees and firewood.

Nice choice! :clap:

my 365 seems to almost be part of me now, to the point that I apologise to the saw if we go over a bump while driving! If I have a passenger, it tends to go like this:

*hit pothole/speed bump/whatever*
*thud from back of van as saw falls over, or slides around*

Me - "Oh God! Sorry, sorry"
Passenger - "What are you apologising for? It was only a small bump!"
Me - "I'm not apologising to you"

cheers,
Joe

Dyed in the wool Mac-head, but they don't fall to hand like my Huskies do. Every time I run the 266 in firewood I wonder if it isn't my favorite. Then I get out the 372 and I just can't find the flaw (other than more power, but that's a flaw with EVERY saw). The handles are comfortable, the av flawless, the handling superb, light for the size, never taxing or tireing, and with a 24" bar has point-and-shoot balance. Smooth where the 266 can occasionally grate, still light 4 hours in when the 288 is getting heavy. It is my favorite.

Partner 5000 plus, I have had one or used one for over 30 years, solid, reliable, advanced for its time, great ergonomics ( before ergonomics were the thing ) still looks and feels like a real saw, not a all plastic box.

:agree2::agree2: I've only had mine for a month or so, and it's at the doctor right now, but it feels really good in my hands.

It just fits,if you know what I mean?

I really like my p40 too...........

:cheers:

I love my 372xp BUT....

The 350 is the sweetest little thing I have handled yet - it doesn't have the muscle of the 372, but I really, really like using it.

I've been in love with my 028 super for a long time and it's my favorite saw ever, but the 359 I just ported is really growing on me. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back