Yucky,nasty,dirty,how do they get like this ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car wash

I pressure wash equipment that I work on before i start the job, makes things so much easier.

I just pre spray with a degreaser or cleaner and spray away.

Ya need to be very careful when using pressure washers on saws. Many saws have been screwed that way, even with a garden hose you can get water where you don't want it. I would not recommend it.

If you're not in a hurry, soaking those parts for a day or two, scrubbing them, then repeating the process as necessary works. I've not found anything that is strong enough to take off pitch quickly that does not harm the surfaces. A product called Oil Eater is the best I've ever seen at cleaning without dulling the finish, but even it takes a few sessions.

There's no right or wrong here, but my 2 cents... I'd clean all that cr&p off.

Nothing better then a beater laying the smack down on a nice one.

My Dad cut almost all big pine on the eastside last summer...man that 390 caught my eye in the shop one day. What the hell is that? He laughs, "what?" The saw was totally brown, I mean brown as could be, laying smack.

ha ha. Nice. So no orange anymore.

My sorry ass cleaned the starter cover LOL. What a wimp I am. He got a new top cover due to a bad crack, but the clutch cover is still like a turd. Back up saw now, gave him the hottest 390 I ever had. What a regret that was (for me :hmm3grin2orange:)

My sorry ass cleaned the starter cover LOL. What a wimp I am. He got a new top cover due to a bad crack, but the clutch cover is still like a turd. Back up saw now, gave him the hottest 390 I ever had. What a regret that was (for me :hmm3grin2orange:)

LOL. Oh well. I'm still trying to get my hands on a 390 someday.

LOL. Oh well. I'm still trying to get my hands on a 390 someday.

I like them. I just like my 660 alot better now that I got a hot one. 390 with a RW bar is a perfect smaller timber highlead falling saw. Kick you in the balls right out the gate like a hot small block V8, but can still beaver down the big boys. Bar none. JMHO What I would use it for now.

I like them. I just like my 660 alot better now that I got a hot one. 390 with a RW bar is a perfect smaller timber highlead falling saw. Kick you in the balls right out the gate like a hot small block V8, but can still beaver down the big boys. Bar none. JMHO What I would use it for now.

Right! I've heard the 390's mod up real well. I want to get my hands on one.

So how many guys here take it to the next level and bust out the Lemon Pledge when they are done cleaning? :)

I like to use Balsum Chainsaw Wax for my special saws.

DSC_0022.jpg

Try diet pepsi to take off the pitch. It worked on my lip. Poor Twinkle, has to ride in the back of the pickup, bumpity bumpity scrapity scrapity.

Runs good though. And because I throw her in the cab at night, the pickup has that sawgas fragrance in the morning. Which is better than when a can of WD40 has gone off inside. That smell gets old fast.

Try diet pepsi to take off the pitch. It worked on my lip. Poor Twinkle, has to ride in the back of the pickup, bumpity bumpity scrapity scrapity.

Runs good though. And because I throw her in the cab at night, the pickup has that sawgas fragrance in the morning. Which is better than when a can of WD40 has gone off inside. That smell gets old fast.

LOL !! thats funny !!

this saw i got didnt get to see the back of a pickup,it was dragged behind it ! :)

Latest posts

Back