T-shirt proceeds to support the Landrums

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdodgegeek

The shirt lady
Reaction score
I have been trying to think of a way I could support the Landrums in their time of need... I don't know how to build a saw, but I'm decent with a T-shirt. So I talked to Terry to be sure it was OK, and if so, if there was a theme I should start with. "Cutting Cancer" was his answer.

So I put this shirt design together.
upload_2014-3-27_22-3-30.png
I haven't placed any order yet, but if there's enough interest, here's my plan:
  • Shirts will be sold at cost (should come in at or under $12 per) Any amount a person might want to donate above the cost, goes right to the Landrums.
  • Us Dodgegeeks will cover the shipping costs to anyone shipping within the continental US. (Not sure on International shipping, folks - so check with me & we can discuss options if applicable)
The saying on the front may be as simple as "Cutting Cancer"
The saying on the back may say "I support Ann Landrum"
But I'm open to suggestions on those.

Please take a look and let me know if you're interested, I'll facilitate the taking of orders, collecting of money, and shipping of shirts when the time comes. I'm thinking of holding the order open for at least a few weeks.

Let me know what y'all think!

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-27_22-6-58.png
    upload_2014-3-27_22-6-58.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 215
Not to cut the proceeds but an even 20 is easier to deal with. I think its a great idea reguardless of how you do it.

BTW where is the PPE. We all know cutting in shorts is not safe

OK, folks. I've got enough interest here to go for it.

Here's the deal: Since this is not a raffle, I'll be using Paypal to collect the funds. I just spoke with Paypal, explained what the intended use was, and they told me we wont have issues... (Hope not! ;))

Shirts are $25 each.
They will all be the same color (so much easier!) - but I haven't decided what that color is yet. (I'm open to suggestions)
ALL"profit" goes right to the Landrums

If you're familiar with Paypal & have an account, just be sure to click the "I'm sending money to family or friends" radio button under the "What are you sending money for?" header. My paypal account email is: [email protected]

If you're not familiar, here's the process: go to https://www.paypal.com
Click Send (on the top left area)
input my email address [email protected] in the "Their email or phone number" box
put in your amount: $25, $50, whatever you want to throw in there (Anything not in a $25 increment will be considered additional donation)
Click the Friends or family box
enter the amount again (ya, I know)
click the radio button under "my payment is for" Friends or Family
Enter the To email: [email protected]
Enter your From email (your account)
Click continue
(you'll have to sign in to your account at this point, or create an account if you don't have one already)
Confirm & send.

If you've got a bank account associated with your account, there will be no charge. If you're paying with a credit card, looks like it's $1.03 for a $25 donation charged.
Here's the key - you've GOT to tell me who you are and what size(s) you need so I can get you your shirt!
Thanks all for your support - I'm super excited about this!

Just a thought but with so many people going through cancer treatment and the number of survivers out there maybe not have Ann's name on the back. Proceeds can still go to the landrums. Something like " cutting cancer, one round at a time" On Monday my mom goes in for her fourth chemo treatment then after she recovers from that it is five weeks if five times a week radiation treatment. Just a thought.

Just a thought but with so many people going through cancer treatment and the number of survivers out there maybe not have Ann's name on the back. Proceeds can still go to the landrums. Something like " cutting cancer, one round at a time" On Monday my mom goes in for her fourth chemo treatment then after she recovers from that it is five weeks if five times a week radiation treatment. Just a thought.
LOVE that suggestion on the saying, too, Duane! Thanks!

I cannot express enough what each & everyone of you guys mean to me! There just isn't any way possible that I will ever be able to pay you back. Sarah, I am so humbled that your wanting to do this for me & I love your art as well. Duane, I really like the idea "Cutting Cancer, One Round At A Time", cause this is perfect for so many people that is battling cancer from the past, present and/or future. I wanted to share something with you guys. I have thought about this a lot since my mom died of cancer 7 years ago, but I always wondered if or when I got cancer. How much support would I get? I never dreamed that it would be this extreme. Now don't get any ideas that I don't like it cause I just don't like it, I love it! Anyone that has ever been through this, they know that support is huge going through this & also a must. This disease feeds off your mind cause if you have just one minute to think about it then you instantly feel alone even when your not. I couldn't tell you how many times that I have read the posts on AS. I have got so much strength from them. Last night Terry showed me the drawing for the shirt & I said who is that for? He said you & I said really? Are you sure? I said I have got more support from AS then my own family & Terry said they are family. That just goes to show how much we love you guys! I also would like to Thank the ones that has been there for Terry through this cause really you guys are all he has except me & the girls, so sometimes it's good to talk to someone different than us. I know he is struggling with all of this & I hate that he is just as broken as I am on the inside. So you haven't just saved my life but you have also saved Terry's as well.

Thank you again,
Ann

Back