MS241 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from MS241 C-M owners. With my MS362 C-M, I really don't need my MS290, and was thinking that I could sell both the MS290 and 025 and get into an MS241 fairly cheap.

I was given my MS241 C-M by my father-in-law about a month ago. I absolutely love the saw! I have a 16" and an 18" bar for it. I recently muffler modded my neighbors Wood Boss 028 AV; it seems to pull just a little stronger than my stock 241 when using an 18" bar. Part of it may be that I just installed the 18" bar for the first time before tackling a 19" gum and the saw was still learning. I plan to do a muffler mod on my 241 soon and expect it will be as strong or stronger than my neighbor's saw. It has more than enough power for the 16" bar and it weighs considerably less than my neighbor's saw. Until I perform my muffler mod I will probably only use the 18" bar for soft wood. But I absolutely love the design of this saw and would recommend it to anyone. It will easily handle at least 90% of the tasks I will ever do with a saw, and on the rare occasion I NEED something more, I will borrow one of my father-in-law's big saws :)

The BEST MINI SAW OUT THERE........................................................PERIOD.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. and .......................

I'm going to be the boring bastard - you'd want to have a lot of work for this saw to justify it over a healthy 025.
Sure, it's better in every way, but it's still only going to do the same job as the 025 - that you already have.

Out of all the pro saws I have, it was the most impressive in stock form. Add a muff mod and it really wakes up. Ported, it's a mean lil bastard!

I ran a ported one and it wasnt measurably more impressive than one with just a muffler mod..nothin worth mentioning as far as speed goes cuttin small logs

The MS241 is indeed a very good small saw. May I suggest selling the MS290 and putting that towards a PS-421. You wouldn't be spending a bunch more out of pocket and still end up with a great mix of saws.

Add a loop of Stihl PS3 chain to that little Dolmar and you'll surprise and amaze your friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, any saw can be ported, and I haven't seen any evidence, or even an indication, that the 241 responds any better than most other saws?

I'm going to be the boring bastard - you'd want to have a lot of work for this saw to justify it over a healthy 025.
Sure, it's better in every way, but it's still only going to do the same job as the 025 - that you already have.

I've been thinking the same thing. My 025 does a great job for what I bought it for. May just sell the MS290 and stick with 2 saws.

Latest posts

Back