Pine-Magnolia marriage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oook ook ook, pics are required for any sensible answers imho!

Off the hip-type thingy tho, if you can get a line throught the crotch of the mag and tie off on the pine as high as possible, second line above cut zone to truck w.h.y., cut base of offending tree then pull and lower it at same time for a slow controlled lay-down.
Nother thought was rigging the pine to a good sturdy anchor tree a bit away and winchin' (come-alonging?) it over to a decent sidflop? Dunno.
If it doesn't make sense, well then, neither does asking such questions without pics or specifics :D
Simple is good, but should be applied with a geat amount of 'safe' and common sense! Take your time to suss out the situation and plan for the worst, I like to think of it as 'imagined dynamics' and its saved my sorry butt a few times :D

:chainsaw::chainsaw:

:)

Thanks for more info on size and nearby trees. "Imagined dynamics" has also gotten ME in pickle a time or two. Attempting to "lay down" a dead pine sideways might put to much load on Mag. or maybe pine breaks in half and 'heavy half' goes out of control? Good you have been looking at those neighboring oaks, even if 10 or 12 inches DBH they can sometimes grow very tall and straight. Think pup tent. Never rule out the neighbors trees either. Often times I will convince a neighbor to allow me use of their tree for rigging and promise not to hurt, but will take out some dead wood or a hanger while I am in that part of the tree to install/remove rigging hardware, and perhaps do some other small job as well. Don't burn bridges. And don't cut trees you may want to use to rig out of. Top of a dead pine should be really light. Only bottom couple feet will be wet and heavy. Might be able to rig top out and chunk down the rest? Good luck!

Back