Heating options for new home construction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in floor radiant and wood boiler....pole barn house....A/C up above....had a old farm house from 1864 and i put in floor in it....best heat you can have..

I like it here but some of you boys aint wrapped too tight! :confused:

So here again you assume things you know nothing about...sure is fun posting ain't it?

Why don't you post something that holds water....if that's possible.

I just love FNG's....where's my popcorn the show is about to start.LMAO

So here again you assume things you know nothing about...sure is fun posting ain't it?

hey man all im saying is that my philosophy is K.I.S.S Im just a guy trying to keep my house warm-no need to get all angry about it.

seen a gasifyer once-all electronic gizmos and switches and whatnot = not worth a damn...get yourself a good OWB and be done with it.

Dude I can't wait to get a gasifier-keep burning your 12 cords a year and I'll get by on two :laugh: Hey, look at it this way-you'll be in much better shape than me.

I know this is a wood site, but seeing as u r in PA have u considered coal? I just installed a coal stoker and it's way less hassle than the wood burner. Unless ur getting u wood for free, or if u value ur time.

I know this is a wood site, but seeing as u r in PA have u considered coal? I just installed a coal stoker and it's way less hassle than the wood burner. Unless ur getting u wood for free, or if u value ur time.

My buddy switched from wood to coal. I'm not sold on it, and not experienced with it. I sell wood and have access to a lot of wood. My son and I enjoy splittling wood, and at ten years old he has a few thousand that he's saved on his own by helping me. Getting him off the #### splitting wood 2 or 3 hours a week can't hurt..he's bulked up from rolling rounds and hits like a truck on the football field.

I still have a lot of reading to do but I'm pretty much sold on the Yukon. In fact, my wife is sick of hearing about it. She rolled her eyes when I brought it up again at dinner tonight until I mentioned that it will heat domestic hot water. Now she's sold too.

Being able to switch fuels is priceless, should I get lazy, injured or worse. I think its a great selling point, should we ever sell. Imagine moving into a house with a unit and you are able to choose your heat. If you don't like wood, don't use it and/or switch from gas/oil vice versa.

My brother lives in the people's republic of MD. He is not the type to burn wood. However he is jealous when is gas/electric bill is nearly $600 a month since deregulation. My winter electric bill averages $85-$100 in PA with no gas and an insert. I could essentially pay for the unit in one year of savings.

I like it here but some of you boys aint wrapped too tight! :confused:

Now boys!...can't we all just get along?

:food:

My buddy switched from wood to coal. I'm not sold on it, and not experienced with it. I sell wood and have access to a lot of wood. My son and I enjoy splittling wood, and at ten years old he has a few thousand that he's saved on his own by helping me. Getting him off the #### splitting wood 2 or 3 hours a week can't hurt..he's bulked up from rolling rounds and hits like a truck on the football field.

I still have a lot of reading to do but I'm pretty much sold on the Yukon. In fact, my wife is sick of hearing about it. She rolled her eyes when I brought it up again at dinner tonight until I mentioned that it will heat domestic hot water. Now she's sold too.

Being able to switch fuels is priceless, should I get lazy, injured or worse. I think its a great selling point, should we ever sell. Imagine moving into a house with a unit and you are able to choose your heat. If you don't like wood, don't use it and/or switch from gas/oil vice versa.

My brother lives in the people's republic of MD. He is not the type to burn wood. However he is jealous when is gas/electric bill is nearly $600 a month since deregulation. My winter electric bill averages $85-$100 in PA with no gas and an insert. I could essentially pay for the unit in one year of savings.

Thanks for the positive post.

Now, that's just playing dirty!

Good for you! :D

Yeah, I like the sound of that feature, too.

Latest posts

Back