log spliters & prossers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reeds

Reaction score
I am new to this sight & looking for some good info! Has any one ever used a Powerhorse 20 ton 3 point log splitter? Are thay any good? I am just doing logs for my self.
Does any one make a prosser that will take a 22" or 24" diamator tree that don't cost a arm & leg. it don't need to be fast Just less handeling of the logs. Getting to old to work like I am 21.
thanks for any info!

A lot of processors/splitters will handle that size of wood depending on the type and the cut.

Just remember, you get what you pay for with this type of equipment (within reason)

I haven't had any experience with a 3pt splitter, but I have the 22T Husky and it's taken 24"+ cuts of wood, although sometimes it's still easier to noodle them down just for handling purposes.

Hey Reeds, welcome to AS. Good people here with a lot of information and expertise and most of all willing to share. Newbie rep coming your way.

Welcome

Hi Reeds and welcome to our site. I assume the nd in your info means North Dakota. brrrrrrrrrr. If so I can see why you need to split your firewood and have it ready.

I'm not familiar with any of the 3-point splitters at all but I do know the value of having a splitter that can split the bigger pieces in either position (vertical or horizontal).

I am like you getting too old (70) to be lifting the bigger ones onto my splitter but I do have a couple of methods of getting them onto the cradle easily.

One method is a 1-ton crane on the back of my pickup bed. The other method is a 2-ton engine hoist with a hand operated winch mounted on it.

The crane is a Harbor Freight item costing about $129.00 and the Big Red engine hoist is a Tractor Freight item costing a little over $200.00. Both of these can be used for other purposes other than lifting logs onto splitters.

Nosmo

Back