Want to learn how to climb/more about climbing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zero Signal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Long story short, I'd like to learn how to climb. I don't know anyone who does though. I know the most popular suggestion would be to hire on with a tree service, but thats not exactly an option right now. Working full time with a newborn at home doesn't leave very much in the way of "extra time". Is there any good books or whatnot out there that would help me get a handle on the absolute basics? I searched around and found the Tree Climbers Companion (good/bad?) Anything else? I know this isn't something I'll get a good understanding of by next week, or next month etc, but I guess I'm just looking for a good starting point, and then hopefully build from there.

Hit you with a PM. There are also many video series. Companion is a basic must have. Jepson's "To Fell a Tree" is good too. Sharon Lilly's Tree Climber's Guide is very good as well. Check out more at International Society of Arboriculture . Also consider 5 days away in the fall for the class I mentioned in the PM. It would be worth your time and money.

Latest posts

Back