Even more other uses for firewood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Some things happen for a reason
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sorry, no mouthwatering steaks here.

This is what I worked on this morning:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We live on a private, dead end road and recently have had a few issues with people coming down and turning around in our yard. :check: O.K. - I get it - you made a mistake and are lost, but don't tear up my grass (even if I drive on it myself.) I'll try the kinder, gentler way to make it clear that it's somebody's house before resorting to more drastic measures. Plus I've always wanted a "Montana gate". After it settles a bit I'll add the log across the top. One less log to cut up into firewood.

We live on a private, dead end road and recently have had a few issues with people coming down and turning around in our yard. :check: O.K. - I get it - you made a mistake and are lost, but don't tear up my grass (even if I drive on it myself.) I'll try the kinder, gentler way to make it clear that it's somebody's house before resorting to more drastic measures. Plus I've always wanted a "Montana gate". After it settles a bit I'll add the log across the top. One less log to cut up into firewood.

Good luck. I've found that even "Private Road" signs don't work for some people. I didn't realize we had so many illiterate people. Nice neighborhood, by the way. Shoot us some pics when you get the top bar installed.

How wide is at the top? I just might have just the log you need! I just got all of the tires replaced on the trailer and can load up a load and put the special log on top.

How wide is at the top? I just might have just the log you need! I just got all of the tires replaced on the trailer and can load up a load and put the special log on top.
It's about 19' to the outside of the poles. The third pole I have is about 20', but it's rather plain so if you have one with a few interesting features that might work. Thanks. Glad you got the trailer back road-worthy.

The one I have in mind is at least 24' and if we put it on top of the load we might make it a little longer.

I have the same problem long driveway but we have a nearby neighborhood of thieves and they drive in and say they are lost. I placed a metal gate and a sign "if you can read this your in range" and so far no issues, also helps to be known as the "crazy f**k who lives up that drive way".

Back