Log Arch Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just buy a REAL "skidding chain", it has a slip hook on one end, then it has about a 12" piece of curved round bar stock on the other end. You just push the bar stock under the log and grab it from the other side, then pull the chain on through and hook the slip hook on the chain.

I have several and use them all the time, they work great...

SR

Zogger; For Jere39's arch that would work well. I use a Logrite fetching arch with the hitch attachment. Actually it's been collecting dust for more then a year. The difference is I cable just off center of a log and lift the entire log free of the ground. This shortens the length of log to 14' max, but keeps it out off the dirt for cutting later, allows backing up if necessary, and I didn't have the option of dragging where I used to cut. The same benefits can easily be accomplished with Jere39's arch by adding a pair of wheels to the tail end of his log. LogRite show this on their website with the junior arch by toggling the log up off the ground and chaining the handle to the log.

Back