Saw deal, did I do OK???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I while back I picked up 2 David Bradleys for $20 each. One ran great and the other needed a carb kit which cost me $6. I installed that and got it running.

I then sold both on CL.

fwlgf5.jpg

15mle80.jpg

I was at the local pusher, errr Husqvarna dealer and he had a used saw that was a year old, still had a year of warranty and they had installed new bearings/seals and a piston. After inspecting the drive sprocket it was worn and a new one was installed at no charge along with a new loop of 24" Oregon JPX.

So counting the sale of David Bradleys it cost me $205 to boot, did I do OK??

So I am into this thing called a 372XPG for $251. What say ye?

Pics or it didn't happen.

n5kdud.jpg

It is missing the P off of XP.

2uxv8qv.jpg

The muffler has a big ol dent.

ip838h.jpg

2qnwew3.jpg

bhzkzs.jpg

Nice looking 372, tons of parts out there at decent prices (used OEM and aftermarket) which is a great thing. Might be able to snag a nice used muffler out of the swap meet thread. New saw rep on its way..

Husqvarna 372 xpg? Never heard of it. I'd see if you could get your money back and put a down payment on a 455 rancher. Sorry u got screwed, you suck!

The G would suggest heated grips, and I don't see 'em. Regardless, you did well to get into a 372xp for that $.

Sorry to tell you, but it looks like you got one of those Chinese knock-offs--you can always tell by the dented mufflers......:msp_biggrin:

Husqvarna 372 xpg? Never heard of it. I'd see if you could get your money back and put a down payment on a 455 rancher. Sorry u got screwed, you suck!

Today when I was picking it up, I swear I am not making this up. A guy looked at it and said, "is that kind of like that 460 Rancher"? All I said was, "it's a little bigger than a 460".

Nice looking 372, tons of parts out there at decent prices (used OEM and aftermarket) which is a great thing. Might be able to snag a nice used muffler out of the swap meet thread. New saw rep on its way..

Yeah I was thinking about that, but perhaps this gives it character?

thats a nice husky you did great on that deal

Thanks.

I do not think you did very well on the purchase price. You have given up the D.B.s, which were the first saws that you rebuilt, therefore sentimentally attached. You'll likely never see them again, and be forever wandering the earth for another oldie or two. The newer Husqy is not too exciting. The 372xp is like a butt hole, there is one around every turn, most would rather walk by it than grab hold of it. I say trade it back in, before it blows up again, and get the MS461 you deserve!

I do not think you did very well on the purchase price. You have given up the D.B.s, which were the first saws that you rebuilt, therefore sentimentally attached. You'll likely never see them again, and be forever wandering the earth for another oldie or two. The newer Husqy is not too exciting. The 372xp is like a butt hole, there is one around every turn, most would rather walk by it than grab hold of it. I say trade it back in, before it blows up again, and get the MS461 you deserve!

I am touched by your post. I have two DB's that i offer to Ron for his 372xpg. I think you are absolutely correct that he will miss the old saws. Let's make sure he does not make a mistake keeping the 372. I hate to see Ron cry-

-again

Well if you saw the video I posted about the DB running and how poorly the chain cut, my arse is still smarting from the berating. As a matter of fact, I bought a chain grinder after that too.:hmm3grin2orange:

David Bradley vs Husqvarna 2 - YouTube

As far as anothe oldie, there is a very mean man who lives 90 miles from me who has a good 10 oldies right now and access to a pile more that he is trying to tempt me with. I try an ignore him because there is an obvious genetic mutation in this locale that has people like him hoarding saw chain and bars as if they are going to become the next currency after the collapse of the dollar and life like we know it.

I was going to display the best DB, but my wife was not exactly kean on the idea. Making wives happy does have a very tangible benefit.

I am touched by your post. I have two DB's that i offer to Ron for his 372xpg. I think you are absolutely correct that he will miss the old saws. Let's make sure he does not make a mistake keeping the 372. I hate to see Ron cry-

-again

I feel so bad and lonely right now, I am going to bed with 2 big brown dogs.

You got hosed. Two running saws for only one? Better trade that one for a truckload of "projects" and pray for absolution of your CAD sins. Not sure how we're gonna be able to respect you after cutting the fleet size down like that.

Latest posts

Back