Jred 2166 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matija

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello !

I am thinking of buying 2166 for occasional use and firewood , does anyone have this saw ?
Opinnions and troubbles maybe ?

Thanks !

Strong saw, great quality. If I were to spend that much I'd squeeze out a few more dollars for a 2172.

Strong saw, great quality. If I were to spend that much I'd squeeze out a few more dollars for a 2172.

they dont sell them owere here just huskies , 2166 is the strongest of the Jred in my country . But i like red/black more than orange ;)

I have the 365xt which is the husky version of the 2166. It is a good firewood saw for your larger firewood. It can be modified to equal the 372/2172 by grinding off restrictors in the transfer covers.

I had a complete brain fart. I was thinking of the 2165. Yes the 2166 is a 2172 with very little effort.

I have the 365xt which is the husky version of the 2166. It is a good firewood saw for your larger firewood. It can be modified to equal the 372/2172 by grinding off restrictors in the transfer covers.

For how long do you have it , any problems ?

I have had my365xt for 18 months and have had no issues. I have cut wood up to 32" in diameter with it. I also have had a 2165 for 4 years and replaced an on-off switch and a sparkplug on it. I have cut up to 38" diameter wood with it and it has been very dependable.

Even though the exact model is relatively new - thats is a reason i worry becouse its not been proven yet ?

the design features are very well proven, and there is no reason to worry at all! - hope so , i have order it , have to wait next week :angry:

the front handle ?

Yes, it is about the streight across handlebar of the Red Huskys (Jonsereds) - however it matters much less on a primary felling and bucking saw, than on a saw that is used a lot for limbing. :msp_wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back