Timberwolf TW-6 on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was hard to watch! That's definitely NOT a good example of how a TW6 works. It just goes to show, just because you CAN post something on the internet, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Go try a TW6. You'll know very quickly what it can do for you.

As far as used prices go, that seems pretty normal. That's why I bought a brand new one. I figured I could run the crap out of it for a few years and still get my money back if I ever needed to.

I don't know what year they started, but the new ones all come with an hour meter.

Thank God that guy was killing me. Can you work any slower and make smaller kindling then that guy ?...boy i hope he aint a AS member or im gonna eat my foot. But that was not a TW at its finest .

Did you ever get that 260 running ?
no to buzzy after sandy oney got to new hope 2 times last year I will give you a heads up this year I have your number tom

That was hard to watch! That's definitely NOT a good example of how a TW6 works. It just goes to show, just because you CAN post something on the internet, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

As far as used prices go, that seems pretty normal. That's why I bought a brand new one. I figured I could run the crap out of it for a few years and still get my money back if I ever needed to.

I don't know what year they started, but the new ones all come with an hour meter.

Yes I've come to realize that most people on these Youtube splitter videos are working so damn slow that they must be new to wood splitting. There is another video of a teenage kid running a TW-3 and he proceeds to remove each split from the 4 way instead of just running the next block through the machine. It's painful to watch him work at that pace. The whole idea of buying a $10,000 TW splitter vs a Huskee is that it damn well either be faster or make the work less strenuous over the day. Actually for my $10,000 it better be BOTH..

the built-rite isn't want I was thinking of it is more like this design (the pusher and the wedge I like the best):

But do you see how in the first attempt with the timberwolf splitter ^^^ how thick that wedge is and how it stalled out--thinking if it was more like a knife blade and stronger it would cut through it better.

Example is below in the video.

The guy in the TW video must be operating the machine for the first time. He's also not real good at reading the wood. Wood always splits easier from the top down not the other way. He also tried to engage the wood on the widest/strongest axis. As a tw6 owner, that guy really makes us look bad. Wonder if he was a built-rite sales rep? The machine is not without its flaws but come on.

For a reference point, I bought mine when it was 8 years old for 5k. Outside of normal maintenance all I've ever had to do is replace a fuel filter. That's the only "breakdown" the machine has ever had in the last 4 years. All because I used someone else's gas can to finish up a pile of rounds.

An outfeed table is a must. The log lift is a very nice add on. If you plan on having 2 or more workers feeding one, an elevator is a good idea to keep from getting buried. Having the pusher go past the point of the wedge really isn't a problem...the next log will run them out without slowing anything down.

The guy in the TW video must be operating the machine for the first time. He's also not real good at reading the wood. Wood always splits easier from the top down not the other way. He also tried to engage the wood on the widest/strongest axis. As a tw6 owner, that guy really makes us look bad. Wonder if he was a built-rite sales rep? The machine is not without its flaws but come on.

For a reference point, I bought mine when it was 8 years old for 5k. Outside of normal maintenance all I've ever had to do is replace a fuel filter. That's the only "breakdown" the machine has ever had in the last 4 years. All because I used someone else's gas can to finish up a pile of rounds.

An outfeed table is a must. The log lift is a very nice add on. If you plan on having 2 or more workers feeding one, an elevator is a good idea to keep from getting buried. Having the pusher go past the point of the wedge really isn't a problem...the next log will run them out without slowing anything down.

I agree on the outfeed table. My plan is to stack my wood on pallets right off the splitter before it ever hits the ground, so the table is a must.
I am currently devising my system to never have to bend down and pick up wood with my back...EVER!! What do you think??

Step 1) Drop the tree..cut off branches..cut poles into grapple-manageable sized lengths.
Step 2) Skid poles to a central pickup location in the field with tractor.
Step 3) load poles into the dump trailer with tractor and grapple
Step 4) Dump poles at woodlot
Step 5) When ready to block and split, pick up pole off the ground with grapple, bring to splitter and cut rounds.
Step 6) Roll rounds onto log lift
Step 7) Split the wood..wood moves out to the log table...splits are stacked 1/2 cord each on a pre-made pallet at operator height..(Pallet sits on a rotating, spring-loaded table that adjusts height as its loaded)
Step 8) partially shrink-wrap completed pallet.. pick up by the pallet forks on my tractor FEL.
Step 9) Pallets are then moved into the sunnier side of my woodlot to dry out until Fall
Step 10) Customer calls needing wood...the dump trailer has a drop-down side..12 pallets are loaded onto the trailer..I drive to their house and unload the pallets.
Step 11) I blow the money on another chainsaw...LOL

Sounds solid...until you get into the cost of and making all those pallets. Every large firewood operation I've ever seen or talked to...they all do one thing, store the splits for seasoning on a large concrete slab. Load a truck or dump trailer with a large bucket right off the slab. Don't have to worry about splits on the bottom being dirty or rotted. Sure, it's a big investment, but so is all the other equipment you're going to need to move several hundred cords a year. Might as well make them all as efficient as possible.

Sounds solid...until you get into the cost of and making all those pallets. Every large firewood operation I've ever seen or talked to...they all do one thing, store the splits for seasoning on a large concrete slab. Load a truck or dump trailer with a large bucket right off the slab. Don't have to worry about splits on the bottom being dirty or rotted. Sure, it's a big investment, but so is all the other equipment you're going to need to move several hundred cords a year. Might as well make them all as efficient as possible.

They don't stack either do they? Just a large pile.

Your better off just having a concrete slab and buying eighty foot of
corrugated steel pipe, a steel coupler ring and drilling holes in the
corrugated pipe with a hole saw to make ventilation holes and buy a
fan with diameter of the corrugated pipe from tractorsupply or whoever
and simply air dry your firewood with a barn fan with a high quality tarp
over the wood.

I can tell you that pallets do not last period. thats why I stopped using them.

How far are you from the Hockley Mound and Warren Ranch Road?

I have a brute model 106 built by east hills. Who sold to timberwolf. My buddy who sold me the brute got the tw-6 and thinks my old and tired unit is still better. With that said.... Built rite is the new company under the original owner of east hills. I'll admit I didn't read all the posts, but that price seems high for a good machine for that many hours? I think both brands are as good as it gets for a production splitter out there.

I couldn't watch the entire video! Also a single wedge is the way to go IMO. I have a 6 way for my brute 106 and never use it. I like to slab the rounds out and split square pieces, just stacks much better.

Yes I live off Hegar rd..Warren Ranch Rd turns into Hegar as it crosses US 290..Yeah I plan to use the pallets then set them on timber rails off the ground. I will sell the pallets along with the wood on delivery..I plan to unload them off my trailer with the forklift from my other jo at the customers house. Stacking a dump trailer is a huge waste of time when I need to be on the road moving wood. I plan to never handle the wood by hand again after it makes it onto the pallet. Im getting older and my back just cant take it anymore..a load of cheap rough cut 2x4s to make pallets

Latest posts

Back