Building a 560xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 555/560 just feels smaller than the 562xp...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I assumed 555 and 562 used same tank and handlebar? is there an actual size difference between the saws other than the air filter cover? If they use the same tank and handlebar the ergonomics would be identical then. I'm not criticizing this mod at all...in fact i'm really intrigued by it. I'm just a little slow and want to fully comprehend the reasons behind it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I assumed 555 and 562 used same tank and handlebar? is there an actual size difference between the saws other than the air filter cover? If they use the same tank and handlebar the ergonomics would be identical then. I'm not criticizing this mod at all...in fact i'm really intrigued by it. I'm just a little slow and want to fully comprehend the reasons behind it.
Yes. Ya just need to go and handle both saws. The filter cover and small mount bar are noticeable.

l really wanted a 562xp and really really wanted a 2260 but many said the 555 was every bit a pro saw and it would take a stopwatch to notice the power difference. So when a minty 555 turned up in the post...l pounced!! The grey paint wore off my 550 while getting shipped :rolleyes: so l did not mind a orange cover. But the troll will go on about revboost...but revboost is marketing jargon that don't phase me. Kinda like elastostart on my 660 which will near rip ya arm off given the chance.lol

Mitch, in your opinion, how critical are the stuffers for optimal performance on a ported saw? A ported 359 sure doesn't miss them.
On a stock build (conv a 555 to a 560), the throttle response is better. In the cut speed is so close a stop watch and several cuts would be needed. Ported it doesn't seem to matter, both haul ass.

Thanks for that Mitch. Another thing. I'm not quite clear on the electronic/firmware difference. Is there any advantage to flashing the 555 with 562 firmware, or did you say it's the same? Did you say the difference is actually in the coil?

Thanks for that Mitch. Another thing. I'm not quite clear on the electronic/firmware difference. Is there any advantage to flashing the 555 with 562 firmware, or did you say it's the same? Did you say the difference is actually in the coil?

At the time this saw was built, you could flash either the 555 or 562 software. Now the diagnostic tool is integrated to verify which ign/carb setup is attached, giving no choice. For that matter, I'd have to double check if there is indeed two software packets for the saws now.

Either way, software these days is negligible when it comes to performance. Work the trans, increase compression, leave the exhaust port alone and tunnel the intake. After all that, be prepared to deal with carb issues if you have the EL46.

So I bought this parts saw to fix up. According to the ID tag, it's 8 months old and has led a very hard life but everything works, just needs new plastics, consumables, bearings, and piston. It has an EL-46 but doesn't have any hesitation issues in the 2 tanks I ran thru it before I torn it down.

IMG_0051.JPG
I find this thread a pick up a like new 555 case.

IMG_0053.JPG

Any updates or has anyone built one up? I wonder if there's any difference in the bearings between the 2 models, I can't tell from the IPL's. Sounds like I need to send it Iowa to get the bottom end done just to be safe.

Thanks to Mitch for this great thread.

The man knows his way around a saw. It was my saw in thread, love it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back