Who has never bought a brand new saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They go by truck weight here with a stock or modified class. My buddy's 04 ton flat bed dodge with big twins usually wins, fuel tank,saws,cooler of beer still on the bed of course. It's the best running one I've bn in. 2 pumps also, it breaks rods, he was told to run 12 valve rods but it just broke one of them to. No telling how much hp it is or how many programers are stacked up. It's a work truck and goes to the woods every day. It's fun to catch a new Mustang at a light and blow his doors off with 660's and junk piled up on the bed.

Except for the Roush (sp?) mustangs, they've been terribly pussified over the last few decades.. they're more like Geldings now... y'know.. a V6 is missing a pair?

I thought sled pulling was rated by turbo size?... a 60mm turbo isn't ever going to flow enough for 6000 RPM, so that eliminates him from that class? I think it's a fair way to determine class. I guess other places have different rules.
They do now. Then it was an add on class to the tractors. I think it was 9k lb and guys would come with the bed full of dirt and stuff like that. All you had to have was a kill switch that they could hook up to. This was before 2010. That's when I got the idea to build that 12 valve. Then the kid came along and stuff and I never pulled it.

darned kids!
I built an ice racer for a local ice race, the year I had it kinda done, they cancelled the local ice races.. so it's just sat there for 6 years now.. it was a supercharged '85 Rx7.. would have been a blast

That 04 is a crew cab dully and with 4 or 5 people in it and cable and chokers and 200 gallons of fuel in the drag tank has out run every stock misting around here, 5.0 4.6 5.4 or v6 it doesn't matter, it takes a strong running car that hooks to beat it. I cn it and a duramax that had a fuel tank in it go in the 10.90's at St Louis for the pinks show auditions. There's a lot of people who think they got fast cars that might run 12's or 13's. We all no those guys that the fastest car they have ever bn in was a old 5 litre, and not knocking them old 5.0's but a 4 second 1/8th mile or 9 second 1/4 car can't b compared in any way. A 4 second car most people can't handle riding in much less drive it.

I had a first generation Honda CBR1000.. a 'sport touring' bike by today's standard, HEAVY at about 600 lbs and 120 hp. It's still an 11 second 1/4 mile machine with a good rider. I had to laugh every time a mustang or other riced out car wanted to race.. there are seriously few sub 12second 1/4 mile cars around.. C7 Vettes, Challengers, perhaps some Porsches and other expensive cars. Even the old domestic muscle wasn't commonly in the 11's, at least not without it being a noticable 1/4mile car.

I had a first generation Honda CBR1000.. a 'sport touring' bike by today's standard, HEAVY at about 600 lbs and 120 hp. It's still an 11 second 1/4 mile machine with a good rider. I had to laugh every time a mustang or other riced out car wanted to race.. there are seriously few sub 12second 1/4 mile cars around.. C7 Vettes, Challengers, perhaps some Porsches and other expensive cars. Even the old domestic muscle wasn't commonly in the 11's, at least not without it being a noticable 1/4mile car.
I've tried explaining how much difference there is between a fast street car and a 5 second street car but it really can't b explained. The 2 people I've had in my brothers Mustang just as soon as it starts spooling up they start screaming and can't take it, it will pull harder than people can handle. It also will hook from a stop I'd u don't leave under boost but once u get to second at I don't no how fast maybe 70 it will start glazing the tires and eventually blow them off and that is to fast on the highway spinning the tires. And at are little 1\8 mile track its a slow street car. Most 275 radial street cars there are in the 4's some of them are 3000hp some of them are 1200 and all of them will go Sunday cruising to. Daniel Farris has a Mustang with a 3000 horse biller ls maybe 400 inches with twin 88's and if it hooks and it does a lot it runs 460's on a little bitty tire. Round here if your tire is over 10.5 or a slick your cheating,no sissy bars either. Nothing like a car you can drive across country and ride a wheelie across the finish line at 150mph. Gotta love a turbo there easy on parts and make lots of power.

Unfortunately I only have a couple pics, but this was my roommate's car in about 2002.. He had a 421 stroker with a 500 (single stage) nitrous shot, ran an 8.80 1/4 mile... 2200ft lbs of torque off the line, 8000 RPM shifts... It really is something that has to be experienced! Since then he went to a 632 big block with a 3 stage nitrous fogger and was in the low 7s 1/4's but I never got to ride in it with that setup

We all ate a lot of spaghetti and ketchup to get the car going!

Pardon the resolution, but good digital cameras weren't around back then!
burnout.jpg
Vette-launch.jpg

Attachments

• the_car_2.jpg
    the_car_2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
Unfortunately I only have a couple pics, but this was my roommate's car in about 2002.. He had a 421 stroker with a 500 (single stage) nitrous shot, ran an 8.80 1/4 mile... 2200ft lbs of torque off the line, 8000 RPM shifts... It really is something that has to be experienced! Since then he went to a 632 big block with a 3 stage nitrous fogger and was in the low 7s 1/4's but I never got to ride in it with that setup

We all ate a lot of spaghetti and ketchup to get the car going!

Pardon the resolution, but good digital cameras weren't around back then!
View attachment 444194
View attachment 444196
That's pretty awesome, when we was at pinks in St Louis the fastest car there was a stretched mustang with some one off mountain motor with twin 105's that was running mid 6's, fastest car I've ever cn in person that could b drove on the street,the bad part was the pass he made that made it to tv he raced my buddy's 67 mustang I think he went a low 10 wich was a good pass but beside a 6.50 it doesn't look good at all,we laughed are ass's off. Ever guy around here is getting away from nitrous and big inches,u can make just as much power a lot cheaper and much more durable with a turbo, but to me I prefer the rolling sound of a big inch chevy. U can make the same or more hp with turbos for half the money and put the extra money in the suspension to try and make it hook.

That Vette had a Dana 60, evidently tubbed, etc, he ran a TH350 for years in it (I think 70 bottles of N2O went through that tranny), but switched to a powerglide when he went with the 632. I think the fastest street car (back in the 2004ish) in north america was "Draggin Don's" 57 Vette.. there was a guy with a turbo mustang here that was wicked fast too.. both cars were in the 6's or low 7's, and the computer technology wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now. I have a Holley Commander 950 from that era and it's a dinosaur. The 421 had dual 5" exhaust ending right under the seat.. and you can guess at the cam duration on that thing, so yeah, it had a heck of a rumble that you felt, though nothing like a top fuel car.

My brother's little fox body has a bone stock t350 in it and has made a million passes and gets drove around all the time, still the factory 8.8 in it to just changed the gears to 355 and 4 piston disc's all the way around and coil over's with a manual rack. The only real costly thing other than the turbo setup was the fuel pump to run gm fuel injection. My freind has a late model comaro with a 632 and a 2 kits that total like a 700 shot or so and it's wicked fast but it blows off the tires more often than not but man does it sound good. It also has had lots off passes and makes 2500 hp and has never broke my buddy that was on pinks has split 4 blocks with nitrous before he finally got a dart block but now it keeps burning pistons, he refuses to put a chevy motor in it. It's the only ford at the strip that has a ford motor in it.

First saw was a ms390 bought it for 50$ from my friend at the stihl dealer when thats all they offered him for trade-in on a brand new 361 that 390 is still running great to this day 2 fuel lines a clutch and a coupple of bars all i ever did next was a 192t for dirt cheap needed a carb rebuild runs great now shortly after was a 440 the one with flippy but no decomp that was under 200$ only needed a carb adjustment and a new bar+chain got a 250 granny edition with a broken retard recoil 125$ last one was a 361 chain brake handle busted clean off and clutch blowed up extra good took out oil pump as well looks to be an easy fixer tho I have 301$ so far into it just waiting for everything to get here so I can put it together ....... I've always had great luck with used stihls for some reason I try not to pay anything for them tho so I wouldn't feel bad if there a bust

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Always used. Almost bought a new 550xp this week. Found a like new one this morning for a lot less than a new one, saved lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Always love a deal
:envy:.

Back