Weird messed up recoil setup on bicentennial Poulan , help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, I think I put the spring in the wrong way… Do I need to redo this? Here are pictures of it and in the manual…

Attachments

• IMG_7658.png
    IMG_7658.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7657.jpeg
    IMG_7657.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 0
After a full hour of sweaty hands and pain I finally got the spring in as it should. I really hate starter springs. I have 31 inches of new Stens rope in as well. However, it appears I’m missing a washer as in the below eBay link. I don’t think I even got it with the saw cause don’t remember it from tear down and someone must’ve been in it before me cause the flywheel was really loose. Thank you guys both as your help and feedback has been crucial to my completion of this project so far.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284499615132

Attachments

• IMG_7686.jpeg
    IMG_7686.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7684.png
    IMG_7684.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7685.png
    IMG_7685.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I’m not understanding how to prewind the spring and why. I got the washer that was missing. If someone could explain this to me farther I’d appreciate it.

Does anyone know how to route the fuel line on this? Doesn’t seem there’s enough room with the flywheel and such so close….

Attachments

• IMG_7839.jpeg
    IMG_7839.jpeg
    903.5 KB · Views: 0
Got it back together. Figured I’d worry bout the fuel line when I rebuild the carb. I tried to get it to run, but in pulling the rope many times, the rope came out all the way and I also impaled one of my thumbs with the other thumb’s nail. I lost the air filter cover screw so will order one. I will resume this project when I can afford. I will post pics of the saw after I get a screw for the air filter cover.

Back