$300 for a stripped spark plug housing thread repair?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that $300 would pay for a port job from Randymind which gets you a lot of work hence why it seems a bit steep to me

When using the scrench to tighten them, I snug them up and give the scrench handle a good tap with my palm and call it a day.. never stripped one out yet

I've had great luck with Timeserts in the past. I'd really like to give Keenserts a shot some time, they look to be extremely well constructed.

The best locally available kit is the heli-coil or misc brand Sav-A-Thread kits. Unlike normal heli-coils these are a solid insert (not wire) and have a serrated lock on the top that you swedge in after installation.

81mwe1r7vtL._SX522_.jpg

If you do an insert with the jug on put some grease on the tap and it will pick up most of the shavings. Do the work with the piston rings just above the transfers (check that cutter clears) then blow out/rinse with air/mix through exhaust.

If there is a market for putting in inserts for $300 I'm in the wrong profession..........

Besides loose plugs, gorillas, or cross threads, the aluminum threads seize onto plugs that lived there quite a while and were not installed with an anti- seize

Srcarr52,

That is exactly the type of insert I was talking about in my original post. Couldn't remember the name of them, thanks.

joe

Latest posts

Back