How to cheap out on a 288 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol i quit being a need it now kinda person a couple years ago if i need something for one saw i move on to another saw or something else that way i can make a list of everything i need and make a one trip do it

The fuel vent line grommet from the 029/290 is another grommet that fits husky tank holes. The large tygon (6.5 X 3.5) from Knecht's for 99¢ per foot is what I use. It might only fit older metal tanks like the 2100 type models.
You can also epoxy a piece of tank plastic from a broken saw across the over sized hole. just drill a new hole to fit the big tygon tight with no grommet.

[QUOTE="Jon1212, post: 5733721, member: 61767"

By the way @marti384 , HL Supply has A/M molded 288 fuel line on sale for $9.99, regularly priced at $14.99[/QUOTE]
I didn't know HL had the fuel line for that, might look into it next time. I don't have a problem using some aftermarket fuel line like the tygon, or I have bought the echo line by the foot before, but I would be concerned using chinese made fuel line in something I may wish to sell down the road.

I have tried to develop a good relationship with my dealer, the one parts guy finally knew me by name and would help me out a little, then he got to sick to work anymore, and now it is a revolving door of teenagers working the counter. Or maybe I am just too much of an a$$hole to get on their good graces.;) Who knows?

Husky 2100 fuel lines are $22-30 here.. My wallet gives me the "onion effect" of making me cry when I have to pay that, and it's not going to get better any time soon. I would consider Oregon fuel lines, but that's not what the dealers here have in stock.

Hey, I hear you. Nothing like making a day of it, but if it's a "need it right now" purchase........I would be inclined to try, and work a deal on two, or more loops.
Also, I think it's fairly common knowledge that I am a big proponent of developing relationships with any OPE dealer I visit with any regularity. A dozen fresh doughnuts in the morning occasionally can pay dividends down the road.
View attachment 481341
Two 266XP's, and four 262XP's @$30 each.
Mmmmmm I like doughnuts

[QUOTE="Jon1212, post: 5733721, member: 61767"

By the way @marti384 , HL Supply has A/M molded 288 fuel line on sale for $9.99, regularly priced at $14.99
I didn't know HL had the fuel line for that, might look into it next time. I don't have a problem using some aftermarket fuel line like the tygon, or I have bought the echo line by the foot before, but I would be concerned using chinese made fuel line in something I may wish to sell down the road.[/QUOTE]
I like the flexibility of echo line works great in tight areas

Back