Zama C2S on PM610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Working on a PM610. Trying to find a RB kit for C2S. I can't find a suffix on the carb. (Like -H5 or A). I do see a #3 above C2S. I'm thinking RB-16 kit. Sound right?

The white disk poking in the needle lever under the metering diaphragm - is it supposed to attached to metering diaphragm? Mine is free.

Thanks.

This carb no longer gets respect...Zama doesn't even list it on the website to see a schematic of assembly.

The factory also used Walbro HDB-6B carbs on those, and there are usually some available on eBay.

Thanks, Chris. I'll also look around for a new carb that might work - kind of a weird impulse hole location that might prevent any swap.

I lucked out here...US carb cleaning and soaking old gaskets and diaphragms in Marvel Mystery Oil got carb working. Strange carb, tho. Fuel pump side is Diaphragm--Gasket--Diaphragm.

I lucked out here...US carb cleaning and soaking old gaskets and diaphragms in Marvel Mystery Oil got carb working. Strange carb, tho. Fuel pump side is Diaphragm--Gasket--Diaphragm.

Thanks for sharing that info.........I'm sure it's only a matter of time that I'll be up against a similar issue with my PM610. So now it runs as well as it did before??

My SE3420 (PM605) was originally my dad's saw and had a Zama. He had it replaced with a Walbro HDB-6B. I replaced that with a larger HDB-1, which works very nicely.

I dunno how it ran before. I recently got it as a non runner in a lot of saws. It runs but is quirky on fuel delivery. It could use an RB kit or new carb.

Strange carb, tho. Fuel pump side is Diaphragm--Gasket--Diaphragm.

Put togther wrong. I couldn't get reliable starts or tuning. Found a C2S schematic (not that easy). Proper sequence = CARB--BLACK DIAPHRAGM--TAN DIAPHRAGM--GASKET on fuel pump side. Runs good now.

I got c2s kits on ebay
Ushally a little higher than others.
The c2s actually runs really good
On the super xl's

Back