Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 380 super and the Tim Allen 3750 are the same saw just different colors.

Have you guys noticed that the Poulan Pro saws are yellow in color and if yellow in color they have chrome bores.

I have a Poulan 2000 green in color with a aluminum bore.
I also have a Poulan 205 yellow in color and it has a chrome bore. Other wise the same saw.
Even the Poulan Pro 395 is yellow in color. That is just the way Poulan did their saws.
Now going back before the counter vibes in time I do not know if that rule held true. I do not recall seeing any yellow saws before then.

I am taking down two large red oaks tomorrow morning, 24" bars needed. Guys give me your recommendation of saw list to use?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I am taking down two large red oaks tomorrow morning, 24" bars needed. Guys give me your recommendation of saw list to use?

Poulan 445 or 505 or 475. A 4000 or 395 would work also but those would be a little slower is all.
How about a 4200. 4400, or a 5200 or a 245. I know you probably have one of each.

The 380 super and the Tim Allen 3750 are the same saw just different colors.

Have you guys noticed that the Poulan Pro saws are yellow in color and if yellow in color they have chrome bores.

I have a Poulan 2000 green in color with a aluminum bore.
I also have a Poulan 205 yellow in color and it has a chrome bore. Other wise the same saw.
Even the Poulan Pro 395 is yellow in color. That is just the way Poulan did their saws.
Now going back before the counter vibes in time I do not know if that rule held true. I do not recall seeing any yellow saws before then.

Not exactly, with the countervibes i think all were chrome bore sans for the 3400, but i think real late 3400 were chrome as well. I have a 3700 and a 375 pro, the only difference i see is the 375 is a high top, 3700 is standard. Obviously the 3700 in green and 375 in yellow and black. But alot of the newer ones your right yellow= chrome, green = bare
I believe all the super 25s were chrome, but when they went to like 1800 in green was bare and 180 pro in yellow was chrome. So on and so forth. Im sure theres exceptions to the rule

The Poulan 3800 countervibe is a aluminum bore.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. A lot of the green saws had chrome bores and some of them did not, but I have never seen a PP yellow saw that did not have a chrome bore. I believe that the chrome bore was part of the PP package. I could be wrong but this is what I have observed. By the way the PP 395 and the 4000 countervibe are the exact same saw except one is yellow just as you showed the 3700 and 375.

Not exactly, with the countervibes i think all were chrome bore sans for the 3400, but i think real late 3400 were chrome as well. I have a 3700 and a 375 pro, the only difference i see is the 375 is a high top, 3700 is standard. Obviously the 3700 in green and 375 in yellow and black. But alot of the newer ones your right yellow= chrome, green = bare
I believe all the super 25s were chrome, but when they went to like 1800 in green was bare and 180 pro in yellow was chrome. So on and so forth. Im sure theres exceptions to the rule

O ok ya gotcha ya i think your right if its yellow it should be chrome.

That's it.

In the rain
1985d90599a4867e5bb6e35fe72dd1ac.jpg

Roger, it is the 525. I did not even bring the 415. It was raining hard and just grabbed the saws on the floor. I need to run the 415's some day

128-152-1, all steel

Do a search here on AS for "Walbro Elbow" for the nationwide Walbro distributor VE Petersens phone number in the great state of Ohio, or get on fleabay and search for "zenoah tube fitting".

Don't go back with the plastic one, they crack & split!:innocent:

Greatly appreciated!

I took about .018 off the key on my 3700 and then worked over the muffler. I feel it made a significant difference. The throttle response is faster, comes up from idle to WOT quicker in comparison to my 375 farm pros which are stone stock.

Wow. How did you grind a woodruff key. They're so small and difficult to hold firmly.

Back