bk thermometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartman23

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my new blaze king sirroco 30 and put her all together. No chimney or anything put in yet but can't wait to try it out. Anyways put in the thermometer for the cat and just wondering if it's just supposed to sit loose in there or click in some way? Also would like a thermometer to see heat output what would you recommend and where should it be located.

Just drops in on my King, no worries.

You can get a surface thermometer if you like. Hottest part of the stove will be above the cat.. if you want to get fancy you can get a thermal couple and install it in the flue connector. Otherwise idk what you would really use either for. The cat probe is enough info to run the stove properly. I took infrared images of my King on operation before. Hottest surface temps were close to 800F.

Just picked up my new blaze king sirroco 30 and put her all together. No chimney or anything put in yet but can't wait to try it out. Anyways put in the thermometer for the cat and just wondering if it's just supposed to sit loose in there or click in some way? Also would like a thermometer to see heat output what would you recommend and where should it be located.

Don't bother with a stove top thermometer. The stove top is always really hot on top of the cat and then varying portions of the rest of the stove get to be the same temperature as you increase burn rate. I've tried it. It was dumb. The cat meter and a flue temperature meter is all you need and really you could skip the flue temperature meter! This is not like a regular stove. You'll be bored if you want to monitor performance. Engage the cat, set the stat, and reload tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back