Construction of dad's log cabin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos, good posting.

Did your father have any building permit problems? GA likely more lenient than the west coat inspectors/permit department - if we use our own logs here, supposed to have them stamped by an accredited lumber grader.

That's what I've been afraid of on my farm in WV. Their building requirements are getting more strict by the minute. I was over my friends old farm in WV and their big barn was originally two log corn cribs, then the barn was built around them. Now they look like if you sneezed on them they would fall over. but, they are over 100 years old, Joe.

Great photos, good posting.

Did your father have any building permit problems? GA likely more lenient than the west coat inspectors/permit department - if we use our own logs here, supposed to have them stamped by an accredited lumber grader.
Thanks! No permit issues at all. Meriwether county, Ga. is pretty lenient about everything. Only thing we did after sawing the logs was let them dry, than we hauled them to a pressure treatment facility. Once that was done building was under way.

Beautiful! Really a work of art. I love the 4 square logs, rock work, board and batten siding on the dormers, ship lap interior walls, and I am straight up stealing that rebar rail design.

It really did turn out well. Dad gets to sit on his back deck and watch the deer eat in the evenings. His little slice of heaven :D

Back