Husky 445 from Hell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarna1985

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a husky 445 that Ive been working on for quite some time now and cant seem to figure out. The saw will start but bogs when you give it gas.
Replaced:
New carb(tried multiple adjustments no results)
New fuel filter, verified line was not clogged(vacuum pump)
New spark plug, check resistance of coil
Verified muffler unobstructed
No scoring on piston or cylinder, 135 psi compression
Kinda at a loss.

Made a youtube video maybe you guys can provide some feedback

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmmm sounds like a clogged spark screen or air filter. I know you checked them. Take the bar and chain off and try it?

Got a different decomp to try? Also make certain the throttle and strato valve open an proper timing.

I assume you've checked the impulse hole or hose, whichever it has. Compression's a bit low but not your problem. Just for the heck of it you could take the carb apart and dip the main body in carb cleaner then rinse it in hot water and blow it off with compressed air. It just sounds like a carb issue to me..I suppose you could also checked for a clogged muffler..

Ive checked the muffler and actually even tried running it with it off. Screen is perfectly clear. Airfilter is perfect.
Ive looked over the intake side very throughly and even sprayed starter fluid around the intake boot while it was running...no leaks.
Ive run it without the bar and chain...made no difference. Chain rides smooth over the bar, chain brake isnt bound up or anything

Now...the throttle synch...thats something i may need to look into

Got a different decomp to try? Also make certain the throttle and strato valve open an proper timing.
That sounds interesting...i will have to check the strato valve i didnt know what was something that could be adjusted

I assume you've checked the impulse hole or hose, whichever it has. Compression's a bit low but not your problem. Just for the heck of it you could take the carb apart and dip the main body in carb cleaner then rinse it in hot water and blow it off with compressed air. It just sounds like a carb issue to me..I suppose you could also checked for a clogged muffler..
I havent dipped the carb but again i did get a brand new carb and no change what so ever was noted. I figured it must of been something else

Hmm that is just flat out interesting. Can't wait tell you find the problem.
Could the fuel line be collapsing on it self? Hate to tell you to throw more parts at it but.......

Do you guys think it could be a bottom end leak? It has all those X ports in it i dont know how prone those are to leaking but i guess its a possibility.

Another thought was just replacing the coil, i can get an aftermarket one for 20$ hopefully that could rule out any issues on the electrical side.

Check impulse line, make sure it does not have a hole in it and is connected good at the engine and carb. No adjustment on the strato valve that I know of.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Yea im not familiar with the 445 but i forget what saw i had that the something was making the strato open first and the saw didnt like it.

Yea im not familiar with the 445 but i forget what saw i had that the something was making the strato open first and the saw didnt like it.
I was looking it over this morning. It does not seem like there is any binding or anything in the linkage. The carb opens about 1/4 way and then the strato valve starts to open. Im going to pull the carb off again and inspect everything one more time

Thanks for all the input from everyone its a huge help!!!

Those aren't that hard to work on, it can be a pain sometimes to get the carb set correctly though but can be done. May have to richen it up a bit cause the mix starts getting diluted when the air valve starts to open.

Looked over the intake boot good. No damage what so ever. Impulse line is clear and whole
4b26c15f1dfd31217c15e9e32615efde.jpg

Those aren't that hard to work on, it can be a pain sometimes to get the carb set correctly though but can be done. May have to richen it up a bit cause the mix starts getting diluted when the air valve starts to open.

I just put it back together and started it up again, i again made several adjustments in either direction of both the L & H screws. Zero change. Something is really screwy here

Does anyone have access to what the resistance measurements should be for the coil? I looked around online and wasnt able to find any specific numbers...

I'm battling similar issues with a 435, and just figured out yesterday that I am likely dealing with a fuel tank vent problem. Try filling the tank 1/2 full, get it idling, turn it with the fill caps up, and open the fuel tank cap. Mine ran great when I did that, so I have to order a tank vent. Might be worth a try.

Back