Huztl have ripped me off!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only parts I know for sure that are made in China are their carburetors...I have a few here if anybody needs any proof. They came from the smaller clamshell saws but haven't seen the word "China" on any of their bigger ones, not saying there isn't however.

The biggest difference is the quality of the steel. That's the huge difference I have found is that the Hutzl steel is soft where OEM is tough. I worked in a steel plant for 10 years. Great steel has MANY ingredients, whereas cheap steel doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The biggest difference is the quality of the steel. That's the huge difference I have found is that the Hutzl steel is soft where OEM is tough. I worked in a steel plant for 10 years. Great steel has MANY ingredients, whereas cheap steel doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Its also the quality of the fitment of the metal parts, the quality of the bearings and seals, piston to cylinder size/fit, cylinder plating quality, switch and electrics, small bits like throttle pushrod bend, starter rope strength.
OMG the list just goes on and on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The other way to look at it is that the big name manufacturers are selling saws at prices high enough that they've opened up an opportunity for others to undercut them and take their market. They probably don't have a choice, as I'd bet their operating costs are quite high too.

At the low end Husky has the Poulan line, which are very inexpensive to make but sold at razor thin margins. Both Husky and Stihl have their own branded homeowner stuff that is hardly any different from the Poulans but sold at a premium. They're probably making most of their money on those lines.

At the high end there are sales of professional saws, but I'd bet a hefty portion of these go as luxury items - I'd like to know the split.

Big portions of both markets are likely to disappear in the next economic step down, when easy credit dries up and people cut back on purchases of things they don't need.

And what have the big names been spending the R&D on? The only significant developments recently have been strato and feedback carbs, which Husqvarna spent a ton on. But really fuel prices are not high enough for most to care about, and emissions rules are easy enough to meet by shoving on a cat and modifying the port timing. The Chinese clone manufacturers have that worked out. The rest of the R&D goes to competing for market share against each other, much like the never ending styling changes in cars. Sure they're better, but enough to matter? The rest of their overhead is in maintaining the sales channel, lots for advertising and marketing, and parts and service.

The Chinese can sell clones of the Zenoah G3800, G5000, and G621 with minor developments, along with something bigger, and meet the needs of most every saw market in the world. Their development costs would be very low. Apparently the other costs would be borne by local distributors/importers.
The ongoing problem is the portion of Joe Public that the latest in whatever is a Must Havethe manufacturers will & who can blame them alter parts & introduce "Gizmo's in some cases not an improvement

The only parts I know for sure that are made in China are their carburetors...I have a few here if anybody needs any proof. They came from the smaller clamshell saws but haven't seen the word "China" on any of their bigger ones, not saying there isn't however.

All recent Zama carburetors were made in China until earler this year, when Stihl opened a new Zama factory in The Philippines. It has been operative since late September and at first it should mostly manufacture M-tronic carburetors and the fuel injectors used in concrete saws. Stihl plans to eventually move most of the Zama production to The Philippines, leaving only the cheapest carburetor lines in China.
Whether Stihl is doing this to take advantage of financial incentives by the Filippino government or because they are starting to become concerned about cloning, I do not know: possibly a mixture of both things.

I think Brads correct. I think Huztl never had anything to do with the original manufacture of the saws. They just straight up cloned them and ripped off the design.
I cant be 100% sure though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Having worked for a company whose products the chicom company's were breaking their neck's to get hold of a ll What they do is purchase a genuine product strip measure etc & then make copies & sell at a much lower price dependent on price is quality not the usual other way around even if told to stop production due to patents/trademarks they don't & never pay the copyright & other legal fines all you ended up with was greatly reduced sales & out of pocket fighting (money cos) with paying legal fees to no avail

All Hail Huztl!

so i'm also fighting in verbal languge, by email about some crappy parts from huztl. its like an russian roulette, some parts are quite good, some are pure sh*t. as they said- they are getting parts from a different suppliers, and the appearance may vary....

so in total problems so far:

* 45mm piston ring on some piston kits (HQ 252xp and 51.), wall is thinner (original part by original manufacturer should be 2mm but by huztl is 1,8mm, other sizes: diameter and so on, are in measurments). (still sorting it out by email)

* 272 chainguard handle (or so called flag) had a product code on "huztl site", what leaded to fitting on models such as 257, 262xp aswell (on part what arrived is yet a different code), the angles were wrong and in different color. (got half refund from them, and the original part number removed by my demand)

* 272 worm gear for oilpump, wrong plastic and threads not finished. they say that i must try on my chainsaw, maybe it works...

*Husqvarna 353 gasket set, muffler gasket is in very bad quality (i did not tell, because i have tons of them), crankshaft housing gasket wrapped around other parts and was broken( maybe by transport). they are sending a new one with new order (it's like a scam, send crappy parts on some order and with new order they send u new part for "free")

so, good gambeling for everyone!
by them it's okay if u order tricycle and they send u a bicycle!

Attachments

• angles1.jpg
    angles1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • guard2.jpg
    guard2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180104_140541red.jpg
    IMG_20180104_140541red.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180104_140637red.jpg
    IMG_20180104_140637red.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20180113_002240.jpg
    IMG_20180113_002240.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180113_170757.jpg
    IMG_20180113_170757.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • quard.png
    quard.png
    530 KB · Views: 16
I occaisionally get the odd part from them like fasteners or 10packs of rim sprockets. But I don't have high expectations of their stuff, only buy it for convenience & price & almost feel guilty whenever I give them money. When postage charges represent 80%+ of the cost of the part.......

When my wife and I go out to dinner, I take a look at the place and adjust my selections accordingly. My wife looks at the menu and orders whatever appeals to her. She is often disappointed with her meal, but I rarely am.

Back