Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 626775 View attachment 626774 Got a pile of wood split the last two days thanks to my dad helping me. I’m half way done we are going to split some more tomorrow before we have to get the redball ready to spray an almond field for weeds Sunday

That's a pile of red gum to warm and Australian's heart, that is. Nice work. Are you selling it or burning it?

I'm not that far from you in Porters Lake .
Been fishing up that way, great fishing up there [emoji3]
Let me know if you come down this way, we can have a mini gtg with pioneerguy600 or just meet up for coffees.
Not to far at all! I actually go to Porters Lake here and there since the girlfriends parents just built on that new subdivision off the Myra Rd. I'll let you know when I'm down your way. If your ever out fishing around my neck of the woods let me know! A lot of good lakes around there.

Not to far at all! I actually go to Porters Lake here and there since the girlfriends parents just built on that new subdivision off the Myra Rd. I'll let you know when I'm down your way. If your ever out fishing around my neck of the woods let me know! A lot of good lakes around there.

Sugarwood ?

I got ahold of the stihl dealer yesterday and he finally called me back on a crankshaft for the 066. He said the price would be $355 I told him no thanks
Why don’t you buy one of those farmertec kits. Come with crank and every other part. Just a thought.

That's a pile of red gum to warm and Australian's heart, that is. Nice work. Are you selling it or burning it?
I’ll probably sell most of it. It would take me forever to burn that much wood. I’m thinking there should be a little over 20 cords once I’m done splitting. My buddy has a eucalyptus grove a half mile down the road he wants me to take out for him. I think he has about 12-15 cords there. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to get it done with winter.

I got ahold of the stihl dealer yesterday and he finally called me back on a crankshaft for the 066. He said the price would be $355 I told him no thanks

There are a few used 066 crankshafts on eBay at the moment. Not much pricier than China ones and surely more consistent quality.

I’ll probably sell most of it. It would take me forever to burn that much wood. I’m thinking there should be a little over 20 cords once I’m done splitting. My buddy has a eucalyptus grove a half mile down the road he wants me to take out for him. I think he has about 12-15 cords there. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to get it done with winter.
you'll have to make time,its hard to pass up a good scrounge

Made my Day! I helped my friend take a dump load of White Pine to the landfill this morning. I quartered the rounds with the 660 and loaded the trailer down. Got to the landfill and backed up next to a 4Runner. There was a little boy there all bundled up, not looking real happy. He was helping his dad take a pile of yard trimmings wrapped up in a tarp, off the roof rack of the 4Runner. I backed up and took my tail gate off. He asked his dad why I did that. His dad said to make it easier to unload. I pulled out from in front of my tail gate and backed right up against the massive brush pile. He asked his dad how I was going to unload so close to the pile. His dad said I don't know. I got out and pulled the power cable out of the tool box and hit the up button. As soon as the dump started to move the little boy yelled, "WOW, That Is The Coolest Thing I Have Ever Seen!" He just stood there smiling and clapping. Looks like I made his day too. Every body within hearing distance just cracked up. I told him I thought it was one of the coolest tools I've ever had too, Joe.

Latest posts

Back