Husqvarna X-Cut chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the X cut on 50 and 60 cc saws like stihl 261, jonsered 2260 and HVA 560 since autumn 2016. Nearly daily, mostly felling and limbing sitka but also pine, birch and others but 80-90 % off time its sitka. Best chain so far, better than all the stihl chains I have tried, better than Oregon 95 vpx, and the new Oregon spedcut I think its caled 95 txl, better far better than Carlton. Set the rackers on soft and file the chain at an angles of 30 with a good hook at the tooth. When new use a 4,8 mm or 3/16 later 4,5 mm. I newer use the file guide on the teeth but I use the raker guide AS mentioned Before. Use a quality file like Vallorbe, the resulte is amazing, lokking forward to the new C 85 chain from Husqvarna a 3/8 full chisel 1,5 mm gauge chain.

I got the new 572 yesterday, felled 2 sitka at about 50-60 cm at the stump. The C 85 chain did well, right out of the box, loking forward to see how IT will perform after filing.

Back