Husqvarna X-Cut chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the deal with speeding up the video especially during the limbing?

I assume this simply is about the Oregon 95TXL, that is replacing the 95VPX - and that it may be license produced on Huskys new chain factory in Sweden.

That could be a good move, to assure the quality of Husky branded chain in the future - as it looks like Oregon branded chain may be produced in third world countries in the future, and that process at least partly has started already...

Husky has come up with a new combined roller/raker guide for this chain as well, as the angles are different from VP/VPX .

I assume this simply is about the Oregon 95TXL, that is replacing the 95VPX - and that it may be license produced on Huskys new chain factory in Sweden. That could be a good move, to assure the quality of Husky branded chain in the future - as it looks like Oregon branded chain may be produced in third world countries in the future, and at least partly has started already...

Husky has come up with a new combined roller/raker guide for this chain as well, as the angles are different from VP/VPX .

The new Hq chains, supposed to launch market at 2015.
What is happened to arrived just now? It might be some problem during the development process?

What's the deal with the double raker?

Same as before, the ramps just has been reduced in size, and looks more like an extra raker by now (Oregon/Husky).

It is a better way to offer some kickback reduction than the large ramped rakers on other chain models. The feature is present on "yellow" chain as well as on "green".

Saw chain without any sort of kickback reduction basically has been history for a while, with the exception of a few models in .404.

The new Hq chains, supposed to launch market at 2015.
What is happened to arrived just now? It might be some problem during the development process?

Your guess is as good as mine regarding the delay....

There may be some connection to what have happened to Blount/Oregon lately, delaying the license process?

Your guess is as good as mine regarding the delay....

There may be some connection to what have happened to Blount/Oregon lately, delaying the license process?
I am not sure,that any Oregon license agreement exist.
Why?
I can imagine,the hq break all the connection with the Blount Co. and develop every product for itself.

I am not sure,that any Oregon license agreement exist.
Why?
I can imagine,the hq break all the connection with the Blount Co. and develop every product for itself.
There are no real signs that Husky is breaking off the close connections with Oregon, and a license agreement would fit the general picture nicely.

I don't know the existence of such an agreement as a fact though, it is speculation based on available info.

There are no real signs that Husky is breaking off the close connections with Oregon, and a license agreement would fit the general picture nicely.

I don't know the existence of such an agreement as a fact though, it is speculation based on available info.
You are right.

There is of course a possibility that it is about two totally independent developments, both aimed at replacing the 95VPX/H30 - and I'm sure that comparisons will follow when both are available in the market.

I just heard back from someone from Husqvarna online, they say that they will get back to me with some info.
It was through a p.m. from someone that monitors their site, I guess. I'll put it up if and when I get any info.

I assume this simply is about the Oregon 95TXL, that is replacing the 95VPX - and that it may be license produced on Huskys new chain factory in Sweden.

That could be a good move, to assure the quality of Husky branded chain in the future - as it looks like Oregon branded chain may be produced in third world countries in the future, and that process at least partly has started already...

After this was written I have seen close up pictures of both chains from a couple of different angles, and I no longer believe it is about pure license production with only cosmetic differences.

The most obvious is that the rakers are clearly different, with the Husky ones being smaller/less ramped than on both VP/VPX and TXL. The separate ramps on the drivers also looks a bit different, and clouds the picture regarding which one has the most kickback reduction - it looks like the brands are balancing around the "edge" between "yellow" and "green" classification?

The pictures are in post #1 here: http://skogsforum.se/viewtopic.php?p=405892#p405892. Never mind the text if you can't read Swedish (or Norwegian).

I just heard back from someone from Husqvarna online, they say that they will get back to me with some info.
It was through a p.m. from someone that monitors their site, I guess. I'll put it up if and when I get any info.
Great! I ám looking forwald...

After this was written I have seen close up pictures of both chains from a couple of different angles, and I no longer believe it is about pure license production with cosmetic differences.

The most obvious is that the rakers are clearly different, with the Husky ones being smaller/less ramped than on both VP/VPX and TXL. The separate ramps on the drivers also looks a bit different, and clouds the picture regarding which one has the most kickback reduction - it looks like the brands are balancing around the "edge" between "yellow" and "green" classification?

The pictures are in post #1 here: http://skogsforum.se/viewtopic.php?p=405892#p405892. Never mind the text if you can't read Swedish (or Norwegian).
I will be right!:)
The Stihl has own chain factory,own development,... The Hq
needs to have, if wants to be the leader in the market.
I think.....

I will be right!:)
The Stihl has own chain factory,own development,... The Hq
needs to have, if wants to be the leader in the market.
I think.....

They don't need it for that purpose, as they already are the market leader - but this is a good time to start making their own, as there are signs that Oregon production is getting more international (= at least some of it moving to third world countries).

Back