Ms 880 porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had to fix mistakes made by gunsmiths. And nobody has been killed since. The idea that there might be a difference in making a gun function correctly locally or on an African Safari completely fascinates me. Can you explain further??? LOL!

Yup. Doing your own stuff and building for someone going to hunt elephant or Cape Buffalo are at far ends of the Gunsmith spectrum

I have had to fix mistakes made by gunsmiths. And nobody has been killed since. The idea that there might be a difference in making a gun function correctly locally or on an African Safari completely fascinates me. Can you explain further??? LOL!
I said working on your own guns........ and a revolver for dangerous game for someone else.
A misfeed on a whitetail can be corrected......someone taking a frontal brain shot on an African elephant with his arm at a 20-30 degree angle is very different........
In less you are a PH and you are holding out on us....lol
Just kidding

It sounds like you are the expert on this subject, so I will bow out. I did once have a neighbor that was an avid hunter, with several trophy mounts from Africa. I never worked on any of his firearms, and perhaps that is a good thing. From what I can infer from your experience and knowledge on the matter, he would probably be dead. :crazy:

I said working on your own guns........ and a revolver for dangerous game for someone else.
A misfeed on a whitetail can be corrected......

You are attempting to swim in the deep end. You are not ready for this. Paddle to the shallower end, go now, go go....

A misfeed on a whitetail can be corrected......someone taking a frontal brain shot on an African elephant with his arm at a 20-30 degree angle is very different........
In less you are a PH and you are holding out on us....

It sounds like you are the expert on this subject, so I will bow out. I did once have a neighbor that was an avid hunter, with several trophy mounts from Africa. I never worked on any of his firearms, and perhaps that is a good thing. From what I can infer from your experience and knowledge on the matter, he would probably be dead. :crazy:

Africa and Alaska were the only real places our guns were needed.
There were no concessions made.
Hotter and colder temps and things that can bite back.

Trying to talk someone into a 45 Colt instead of one of the big guns we were told
“The whitetail are really big around here!!!”

How big could they be. Lol

My former neighbor and my newer neighbor are both avid hunters. The newer one did a guided bear hunt in Alaska. It sounded like an ordeal, but he came home with a trophy. I'm very envious. I'll be lucky to get a bull elk. The one time I saw 4 moving to lower elevation they were beyond my shooting range/abilities.

UPDATE: I opened up the intake and exhaust ports, and opened up the transition ports, the saw reaches 12,300rpm. At this point is there any tips for me to get the saw to 13,000, like raising/lowering the ports? Would you happen to know what the old carb and intake was less restricted

BTW, 084s and 088s turned something like 12,500 before they threw limited coiled on them, so 13,000 isn't a reach at all, even in a dedicated work saw.
Thank you my apologies for not getting back sooner, I know it’s been a few years lol, he took it like it was I am still interested in learning life just took a turn for a few years

Latest posts

Back