The difference 40 years makes

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 149229

40 years ago if I asked someone “Do you burn?” we both knew I was asking if they smoked weed. Today if I ask “Do you burn?” usually the first topic is how many cords of wood were used the past year then 2nd topic is what kind of saws do you run. Just an observation.

I saw 3 or 4 Beach Boys concerts back in the 70's. A couple years ago, when they did their 50 year anniversary tour, I took my kids to see them. In the 70's the predominant smell was weed drifting across the field. When I took the kids, it was Deet. It looked like all the same people, just older. Instead of sitting on blankets, they were sitting on soccer mom chairs, and instead of waving around joints, they were spraying bug spray because of the skeeters.

Can't even buy beer and liquor in the same store. Could you imagine the strict regulations on cannibis? Old ways of thinking in PA die hard.
Most of what you'll see around here is cartridges for vaporizers and waxes from the shows in DC. I don't care for it as it's all so strong now it basically knocks you out if you don't use everyday.

I don't smoke, nor do I have an issue with anyone who does. I see great potential in an emerging industry that is flourishing in more liberal states across the U.S. Could you imagine the money generated if we legalized? Could get rid of the soda tax we have in Philadelphia that's KILLING small business (1.5cents for every 1.5 fl oz sold). Put tax money from cannibis into the state that will benefit all (schools, infrastructure, utilities, etc)

I don't smoke, nor do I have an issue with anyone who does. I see great potential in an emerging industry that is flourishing in more liberal states across the U.S. Could you imagine the money generated if we legalized? Could get rid of the soda tax we have in Philadelphia that's KILLING small business (1.5cents for every 1.5 fl oz sold). Put tax money from cannibis into the state that will benefit all (schools, infrastructure, utilities, etc)
Get rid of the Libtards running Philly would be a great start.

Don't care much for political debate but the problems that big cities like Philadelphia/Pittsburgh are much more complex than the appointed party in office. You can find opioids just as easy In central PA in the middle of nowhere as you can in the city/suburbs. Red or blue, lots of issues that need attention regardless of party affiliation.

Don't care much for political debate but the problems that big cities like Philadelphia/Pittsburgh are much more complex than the appointed party in office. You can find opioids just as easy In central PA in the middle of nowhere as you can in the city/suburbs. Red or blue, lots of issues that need attention regardless of party affiliation.
I was more referring to politicians so full of themselves that they feel taxing your soda, pop here in western PA, is their contribution to making life better. Let’s not address real issues.

Pittsburgh to the west, Philadelphia to the east, "Pennsyltucky" in between the two is what I've heard.

Regardless, proud Keystone citizen here. I will make it out to the western portion of the state one day. I'm something like 6 hours or so from Pittsburgh. Would be a nice drive on the PA turnpike for sure.

Latest posts

Back