Video of a MS500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have personally seen a TS500i cutoff saw that had 1680 hours logged on it on the MDG1.
I personally performed all of it's maintenance too. I replaced the piston once, cylinder kit another time, and an injector under warranty.
You really only need about 8 or 10 pumps on the primer/fuel pump, and that's when you are filling up after you ran out of gas.
If you have just shut it off a couple minutes ago, it'll usually start fine without pumping at all.....-unless your injector dribbles from age after shutoff, like an old man after taking a wizz....lol

I have personally seen a TS500i cutoff saw that had 1680 hours logged on it on the MDG1.
I personally performed all of it's maintenance too. I replaced the piston once, cylinder kit another time, and an injector under warranty.
You really only need about 8 or 10 pumps on the primer/fuel pump, and that's when you are filling up after you ran out of gas.
If you have just shut it off a couple minutes ago, it'll usually start fine. -Unless your injector dribbles from age, like an old man taking a wizz....lol
good to hear. I'm slowly getting excited about the MS500i. I'll have to pick up a spare MS461, leave it unfueled on a shelf. I'm sure they're going to drop it when the MS462 and 500i hit

good to hear. I'm slowly getting excited about the MS500i. I'll have to pick up a spare MS461, leave it unfueled on a shelf. I'm sure they're going to drop it when the MS462 and 500i hit

You are correct. The 462 is phasing the 461 out, and MAYBE taking out the 441 too.

I really have no interest in the 500i. It's the 462 I want to get my **** beaters on lol

You are correct. The 462 is phasing the 461 out, and MAYBE taking out the 441 too.

I really have no interest in the 500i. It's the 462 I want to get my **** beaters on lol

I understand the 462 is lighter and has a better power to weight ratio but I like the four position carb. (I'm a dinosaur and I know mtronic's are great now, wouldn't hesitate to buy now) the 461 IS the best 70cc class saw on the market, arguably the best all around saw on the market period. The 462 better kill the 441 . The first couple runs of 441 were turds and with the 461 I don't know why anyone would buy a 441 to begin with. Just seemed redundant. The 461 seems like a legacy saw to me that should never go away, like 394/5xp, 372xp, for husky.

The 500i is going to push aside the 441, 462 and had the potential to take away some 661 sales as its hp is closer to the 661 than to the 462. Im sure stihl has a plan for that

But the 462 is only 71cc it was never going to compete with a 90cc saw. I think the 462 is more of a 441 replacement than a 461 replacement and the 500i is 80cc is the replacement for the 461

Wow I see this and just remembered how many times I seen a Stihl guy saying something bad about other brands having a primer bulb.... Lol.
Good sounding saw. Is it me or does it seem a bit rich on the low end and a bit lean cutting?

It's the rev limiter arguing with the injector feed.
It's cool that with a spark tester; when you let off the gas from full throttle, there's no spark or fuel emitted, until it hits idle RPM's.
Then they seamlessly pick back up.

This one too
guess-who-captain-hook-edition.jpg

Back