What to do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Buchanan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i went to help a friend out today upon arriving on what I thought was his job site. In fact was someone else’s. I was in disbelief in what I saw. This guy bid and took this job hired my friend for the day. It’s removing 16 trees. Most mature trees job was taken for a 99 Chevy dually and 2000 cash. I looked around and couldn’t believe it was being done so cheap. After the guy that had the job started to climb I seen why. I am really concerned for his safety along with the property owners property. This guy has no idea what’s going on he just said he started climbing trees a week ago and learned his climbing knot off of the internet. High voltage power lines in and under a few of the trees and limbs. Dead rotten trees over house. I’m really afraid that he is going to be on the news. As something really bad has happend. I asked if he even had insurance he said no the property owner had him saying he was not responsible if he fell out the tree. This is insane and a liability.

Anything new on this job? It's funny how brave (and stupid) the internet can make us.

It seems like all that could be done is to instruct this guy on the dangers of the work he's going to do. If you're available (and willing) it might be possible to help the guy out. Sometimes a life is more important than the money. Karma usually pays you back in those situations.

Anything new on this job? It's funny how brave (and stupid) the internet can make us.

It seems like all that could be done is to instruct this guy on the dangers of the work he's going to do. If you're available (and willing) it might be possible to help the guy out. Sometimes a life is more important than the money. Karma usually pays you back in those situations.
That’s what me and my friend wound up doing. I hated the thought of someone getting hurt or even worse.

Back