Proper Fuel Mix for Pioneer 600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjezmo

Reaction score
I picked up a Pioneer 600 today, very eager to use it but would like to know what mix of gas you guys use. Sorry if this has already been answered im new to chainsaws and 2 strokes engines in general.

That`s an old saw to just pick it up and start running it. At its age the fuel line, filters and carb would be in poor condition if even functioning. The seal on the crank ends are likely leaking air so it would be prudent to do some mechanical checking out before running it. I do run mine on a 40:1 ratio of any good name brand two stroke mix oil and I do have many good running 600 series Pioneers. No need to run synthetic oil in these old saws, they never seen synthetic and are loaded with carbon and crud already unless one totally dismantles them and do a thorough cleanup and rebuild. A saw this old will never see enough hours of run time to require any oil other than regular mix oil, they were designed to run on 30W automobile crankcase oil for gosh sakes.
Just a few of the old ones I have, plenty more in the shop,

IMG_1918.jpg

Back