372xpw 75cc CYLINDER QUESTION

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt 10 bucks is a good deal for what you got ;)

Yeah, now all I need is the rest o' the saw to go with it.:buttkick:

Got it from a guy up the road whose main bread and butter is sleds and atvs, but who also does whatever else comes in the door. I just happened to see the jug in a box of parts the other day and wrote down the number and started Googlin'...with everything I found (most of it from threads here at AS) saying it was either a 371/372 jug or a 372xpw (if it had the + in the casting). 50ZK6=50mm and a 371/372 jug, a + in the number/on the casting indicated oversized..., as in 52mm. Obviously not necessarily so on either count.

At least the muffler should fit my 371xp and is practically new...as is the cylinder. I'm sure they'll both come in handy sooner or later as I get further into the Huskys.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah, now all I need is the rest o' the saw to go with it.:buttkick:

Got it from a guy up the road whose main bread and butter is sleds and atvs, but who also does whatever else comes in the door. I just happened to see the jug in a box of parts the other day and wrote down the number and started Googlin'...with everything I found (most of it from threads here at AS) saying it was either a 371/372 jug or a 372xpw (if it had the + in the casting). 50ZK6=50mm and a 371/372 jug, a + in the number/on the casting indicated oversized..., as in 52mm. Obviously not necessarily so on either count.

At least the muffler should fit my 371xp and is practically new...as is the cylinder. I'm sure they'll both come in handy sooner or later as I get further into the Huskys.

I don't understand the + for the oversized bit - the closed port 55 for example had the ++++ on the cylinder and it was 1mm smaller than the standard open port model, technically making it a 51 I think. But no worries, the 365,372,375 cylinders were all good ones - especially ported :D

The 75cc jug needs a good working over to make it a serious contender in my book.......

I agree, But with some extra grinding I think it's worth it in the end.

With no markings, easiest way to tell a 51.4mm cylinder is the exhaust side transfer port. It has a ''hump'' in it where as the 50mm cylinders doesn't.

photobucket-3972-1313290319298.jpg

I'm also convinced that the 75cc cylinder has little advantage over the 71cc one, unless some serious porting work is done to it. Huskys power rating was just .1KW different, and the transfers doesn't look as good (stock).

Yay. Can I use it as a BB upgrade on a toasted 262?:laugh:

Boy am I glad I researched this and everything I read pointed to either a 50mm or 52mm jug.

Shoulda just asked you first.:msp_tongue:

At least it came with a muffler and the A/V spring.

No way, but I guess you know that by now! :msp_biggrin:

No way, but I guess you know that by now! :msp_biggrin:

Hell, after what I read from all the experts and Googlin' all afternoon I thought it was a steal of a deal for a BB cylinder for my recently acquired 371xp. (But it did look a bit, well..., not quite 50mm, let alone 52mm (51.4 for the anal retentive). Silly me.

Turns out it was a steal of a deal for a 365 cylinder and muffler at 10 bux. Ok. Yay!

Still haven't seen anyone offer up the clarification details regarding the claim that a Mahle 50ZK6 is a 50mm jug either used on a 371 or a 372 despite the fact that I have a 50ZK6 that is 48mm.

No biggie and I'm not trying to stir this up.

Just sayin'...

Hell, after what I read from all the experts and Googlin' all afternoon I thought it was a steal of a deal for a BB cylinder for my recently acquired 371xp. (But it did look a bit, well..., not quite 50mm, let alone 52mm (51.4 for the anal retentive). Silly me.

Turns out it was a steal of a deal for a 365 cylinder and muffler at 10 bux. Ok. Yay!

Still haven't seen anyone offer up the clarification details regarding the claim that a Mahle 50ZK6 is a 50mm jug either used on a 371 or a 372 despite the fact that I have a 50ZK6 that is 48mm.

Just sayin'...

There are several exemples of Mahle cylinders that are different bore and/or porting type share the casting number with the "original" one, in this case the 371xp cylinder.

Just sayin'...
It baffles me that we as a chainsaw society haven't cracked the meaning behind these casting codes. It's the complete opposite in the automotive world... oh well.

Back