Good find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
233DB36F-7282-4EC8-8F76-796E4FD4CEDD.jpeg Well this past wknd a friend of mine asked me to help him out with his tree service on a small job he had going on. Well talking to the home owner And she was telling me how her husband and herself use to cut wood and burn it in their outdoor burner. So tried to buy that from her and she wanted to keep it Incase she ever decided to sell the house but she walked me to the other side of her property and told me I could have all of this. Before her husband passed away they ordered a logging truck load of wood and never got around to using it. I’m gonna say this was a good find 10 mins from home

It's not just the wood itself. it's the 10 minutes from home that makes this such a good score!

About 8 years ago a friend was logging just 5 miles, to the 10th, from my house. Another buddy who lived about 8 miles from the site and I could help ourselves to as much wood as we wanted. And we did. I got about 45 pick up loads off that site. I kept saying we should get as much as we can, because it's never going to be this good again.

Excellent score, heck yeah!

If be concerned about the 10% on the ground being a little punky, but the rest should be great. Looks to be nice and straight grained too, plus being so close to home is just marvelous. Cheers!

Back