Echo top saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not mine working on some stuff for a tree guy. I might have to get one though. I just tried it in wood and it's faster then my ms192 with a mm and a little off the key. Up next are two cs-271t and a 355t. I get the other 2511t.20190922_125951.jpg 20190922_130013.jpg

Possibly flooded, but I was taking the plug out and drying it off after each attempt. Compression seems to be there, but I'll have to check that for sure.

Could be a sheared key and not firing right, but it is turning over with the pull rope. Need to blow off the fins anyway, perfect time to check.

I have a Husqvarna 23 Compact Top Handle that I bought new about 25 years ago, Stihl running Great.

There are some real "Top Handle Haters" here on AS, but I Love the things, sometimes they are simply The Right Tool for the Work

Mine gets more use than I expected when I bought it, of course in the right situation, the 3120XP can put a Real Smile :) on my face too, it's all about Having and USING the Right Tool for the Job;)

Doug :cheers:

Possibly flooded, but I was taking the plug out and drying it off after each attempt. Compression seems to be there, but I'll have to check that for sure.

Could be a sheared key and not firing right, but it is turning over with the pull rope. Need to blow off the fins anyway, perfect time to check.
Have you pulled the muffler and looked at the piston and rings? I was working on an old Homelite recently and had the same situation you have. It pulled over smoothly and seemed to have good compression but wouldn’t fire up. A quick look at the piston revealed the problem.

I’ve got a CS3000 and it’s a great little saw. It’s worth the effort to get it going.

Now I see why this cs-272t wouldn't run. Are the fines coming thru the a/f or fuel filter?

Attachments

• 20190927_181341.jpg
    20190927_181341.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 44
I just sold an Echo CS-355T to a professional climber today. I threw in a free new chain loop. He ran it and paid cash. His company uses the Stihl MS 201 and what he wanted for himself was a similar saw for less money because the Stihl was too expensive. After he tried the Echo, he said. "This is a real dandy saw with plenty of power. Thank you so much."

Two years ago I had bought the saw from a climber. All it needed was a tune up back then and some TLC. I have two other Echo top handle saws, so a third was overkill. Shucks, now I have to remove it from my signature. :rolleyes:

Just picked up a CS3000. It has spark but won't fire for anything, starting fluid, carb cleaner, fuel in the spark plug hole, in the carb. Frustrating. My first saw was the CS280E top handle. What a great saw still to this day.

My first and favorite saws are my 302s and my 280e... Both in pieces right now waiting on the play money stash to fill up. Along with the ms290 and a cs 370. Isn't this how CAD starts? lol.

Working on two cs2511t saws. Got run running bit second one is giving me trouble. Put in carb kit and took the caps off. The saw starts right up and idles good but soon as you hit the throttle it dies but will start right back. I lost count of the settings of the hi/low . with the caps off what are your base settings for h/l screws? Carb is a wt-816.

Settings vary a lot, but are often pretty far out. The last one I tuned out of the box at 3 1/4 L, 2 H. Sounds like your L is turned in to far.

I love those 2511t’s. I work on those more now than any other saw. All modding. Haven’t had one give up in almost 3 years of doing it. Stellar power to weight.

They are pretty easy to work on. The run it got running is pretty good got wind her up before you hit the wood. I'll try again tonight.

Latest posts

Back