Help with a 372 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've use a Nitrile o ring from Napa. I used a small one so when it stretched over the crank it thinned out some. It was still thicker than the oem one but it worked and is still in my 371.

Thats always a possibilty too. I'll see what I have at home. There got to be more than one way to skin this cat!
Believe @huskihl runs a thin ring of motoseal around crank and installs bushing to seal it. May check in and tell us exactly how it's done.

Iron horse (YouTube) uses sealer rather than the O-ring. He has a vid on what he uses and how to apply it.

Put it on the engine side of the inside of the bushing. That way when you spin it on to the crank and into the seal it stays inside the bushing. If you smear it on the crank, it'll all end up up against the bearing or maybe on the seal surface. Whereas it's no big deal if it ends up on the clutch threads

I was on my phone when I posted about it and wasn't able to put up a link until I was able to get to a computer. Anyway the link will save somebody in the future if/when they need it after running a search.

Well guys, guess what? Fixed the cylinder threads, was haapy as hell. Sealed the sleeve with Hondabond, never let me down. Could see the Hondabond completely around the crank. It still leaks from that ****ing spot!! Arrrggghhh. This saw is a PIA. I'm going to have to pull the seal and try again. I guess I'l heat up the sleeve to get it off. What a lesson. Followed the video and all. Going to put Dirko and plenty of it. What a freakin design...

Well guys, guess what? Fixed the cylinder threads, was haapy as hell. Sealed the sleeve with Hondabond, never let me down. Could see the Hondabond completely around the crank. It still leaks from that ****ing spot!! Arrrggghhh. This saw is a PIA. I'm going to have to pull the seal and try again. I guess I'l heat up the sleeve to get it off. What a lesson. Followed the video and all. Going to put Dirko and plenty of it. What a freakin design...
Design works well, have one on the bench with o-ring and holds vacuum fine. Need a picture of it?:buttkick:

With the clutch tightened down it still leaks?

Dont know if I could bang it down any tighter. I'm leaning towards the sleeve being too worn. I'll tear it apart. Got a brand new sleeve coming and already got a brand new oring. Stay tuned. If this doesnt work a 30-06 ought to fix it for good.:rock:

Dont know if I could bang it down any tighter. I'm leaning towards the sleeve being too worn. I'll tear it apart. Got a brand new sleeve coming and already got a brand new oring. Stay tuned. If this doesnt work a 30-06 ought to fix it for good.:rock:
Believe I have had that happen to me before, it's not the bushing leaking, if you sealed it, o-ring. Try this or check with oil first, using a q-tip place motoseal or similar around seal flange and case pocket, not on seal and crank. Do this to both seals, flywheel and clutch, apply vacuum and allow sealant to set-up. Now do vacuum check, if this does not work, you may have a leak at impulse tube going into case or crankcase gasket.

Back