Lombard Comango parts needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got this Lombard Comango. I was able to get it running with a quick carb rebuild and fuel lines.
It will get a complete clean up. The sprocket, bar, and chain are totally whiped out. I see it uses the same bar mount pattern as echo/mcculloch so no problem there. Can anyone confirm that it uses the same clutch drum as a homelite? I see sellers listing on evay that say the drums fit both, just want to make sure before I order something useless.
Also, what should this have for a vent setup in the fuel cap? Currently all it has is a hole in the center of the cap that obviously pisses gas lol.

I understand that, but surely there must be a valve of sorts that should be in there. As it is, you would never be able to make a felling cut without it pissing fuel out everywhere.

I'd epoxy a pen tube or roll pin into the backside of the cap and put the standard homelite duckbill on the end.

They're decent saws I believe, basically an XL-12 but with a ~70cc top end? Not sure if they have automatic oiling or not.

I'd bet almost all the homelite parts will fit. Just like theyre all close to the Remington PL4 parts.

That's what I was thinking on the cap.
I have already tried a few Homelite parts on it. Although they look the same, everything is just different enough not to fit. Clutch cover, recoil, air filter cover are all a no go.
They are 68cc I believe. This one is manual oil only. Whoever had it last was running used crankcase oil [emoji2961]

So I ordered a spur sprocket off Ebay that said it fit homelite and Lombard. It arrived today and it sort of fits but not really. The bearing ID and drum ID are the same but this drum is deeper so when I tighten down the nut, it binds up the drum. I will try to find some shims otherwise it will be a replacement for one of my super XLs.

Kinda miss my Lombard comango now. It was my 1st vintage saw and was pretty scored up but still ran. I couldn't bring myself to buy a P/C for it instead of Mac stuff so ended up flicking it and turned it into chain:( Resized_20180930_190848_843.jpeg
Was tidy too.

Sorry 2 broke I'm no help

Latest posts

Back