The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd fix it, but that's just me. Should be able to find what you need if you're patient and keep your eyes open. May even be able to find a complete parts saw cheap enough to buy just for the sprocket cover.

Careful, parts saws have a way of becoming project saws. C'mon guys, I know I'm not the only one...

Are you talking about the chain brake/bar mount cover? They're on ebay all the time. Just like the one I ended up buying for my "parts saw". :rolleyes:

Two layers of saws there it looks like - is that some homelite red I see peaking through the sea of yellow? I wouldn't be sad to see that trailer backing into my driveway...

I can hear that conversation now, "What? I just needed a couple parts..." :laugh:

No luck with the button yet?
Nope but I was thinking about getting an aluminum bolt with a long shank and making one , just need to mic the button for size ,hell I might make one out of stock and mount a tiny skull to it ! That would be cool also.

Took the 10-10 auto out for a run on the weekend at my uncle's cabin. Cut about 2 cords of wood with it, mix of hemlock, vine maple, big leaf maple, birch and alder.
I can see why these things have a cult following, its a nice little saw that has no problem with the 24" bar. I think I put 7 tanks of gas through it and it fired up really easy every time. Just need some bucking spikes and it'll be a perfect firewood saw.

DSC_0218_1.JPG

DSC_0229_1.JPG

It got me excited to rebuild the 7-10

Took the 10-10 auto out for a run on the weekend at my uncle's cabin. Cut about 2 cords of wood with it, mix of hemlock, vine maple, big leaf maple, birch and alder.
I can see why these things have a cult following, its a nice little saw that has no problem with the 24" bar. I think I put 7 tanks of gas through it and it fired up really easy every time. Just need some bucking spikes and it'll be a perfect firewood saw.

View attachment 803004

View attachment 803005

It got me excited to rebuild the 7-10

Great pictures. Nice axe too

7-10s are awesome saws. Not much more weight with a bunch more CC's

Sorry sometimes I don't get here often enough.
Can I throw in what little I know FWIW.
I have good scales and I weigh each saw as I get a chance and write it down.
PHO LB-oz
promac 10-10 15-11.5 wow
7-10A 12-15.5
10-10A 12-5.5
Timber Bear TBA
minimac 6 7-2

Interesting stuff.

I don't use my pm10-10 it's far to heavy for its power.

I'm in the midst of itemizing where all the weight comes from.

The older pre pm saws are far lighter due to material changes.

There is 125grams 0.275 lb. In the starter parts alone

Goinwealing has split the tank and weighed it and I've got a pm tank to compare. The clutch cover is obviously heavier but wouldn't of been so bad had they not changed the material.

I have an old right hand pull 10-10A with a lefty and 10-10S engine and hot dam it's a wicked saw very light and dam neer pulls like a 70cc

Back