036 pro help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flores Lawn Care

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I bought this saw for 250 and worked great. It quite dripping bar oil to the chain so I replaced the oil pump & hoses and now when I put it back on the clutch gets to tight to pull the cord. If I remove the clutch it pull easily. Any ideas what wrong?? Took a pictures of the parts I have not sure if I'm missing something. Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_7635.JPG
    IMG_7635.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Is the washer that goes behind the oil pump there and the metal ring that fits inside the worm?

Also so be sure the spring that drives the worm is fitted into the notch in your clutch drum on assembly
Is the washer that goes behind the oil pump there and the metal ring that fits inside the worm?

Also so be sure the spring that drives the worm is fitted into the notch in your clutch drum on assembly
Could you send me a picture of worm? Only washer I seen is one that says top that goes between the oil pump and clutch.

Attachments

• Stihl 036 IPL.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
There are actually two types of washers that go on these, probably depending on the type of oil pump you have. One of them is 43 mill, the other one is 58. Maybe you just need the bigger one because the rim of the small one is getting jammed in there. The part number is 11281621001. I think earlier revisions of the 036 came with the small one. Check it out:
d24b5fc47e04f6df93ad7807816a85ff.jpg

There are actually two types of washers that go on these, probably depending on the type of oil pump you have. One of them is 43 mill, the other one is 58. Maybe you just need the bigger one because the rim of the small one is getting jammed in there. The part number is 11281621001. I think earlier revisions of the 036 came with the small one. Check it out:
View attachment 614595
Thanks for your help. Mine didn't have any washer in it. Would need to order one and tell you guys if it worked

Thanks for your help. Mine didn't have any washer in it. Would need to order one and tell you guys if it worked
I'm talking about this one. Put some marker or tape on the back of it, put everything back together and back apart. If the marker rubs onto the pump body or you get marks on the tape, you'll know that it's jamming. In this case you'd need the bigger washer.

Attachments

• IMG_7635.JPG
    IMG_7635.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
I'm talking about this one. Put some marker or tape on the back of it, put everything back together and back apart. If the marker rubs onto the pump body or you get marks on the tape, you'll know that it's jamming. In this case you'd need the bigger washer.
I'll give that a try. Make sense since I order a new pump must of gotten the other size.

Actually on a second look, I don't see the bushing for the worm gear in those pictures. Do you have it? It goes inside the pump and the worm gear goes on top. If it's not there, it's a problem. Looks like this:
View attachment 614601

I don't see the washer that goes behind that either. Those are what I refered too in my original response.

View attachment 614595

You have the old IPL without the clutch upgrade, download what I posted here. New clutch drum/bearing is much stronger

Yeah, right. I got distracted by the other washer that goes on top, but those two parts missing is a big problem.

Hey friend, download the IPL I posted, it's newer w/clutch upgrade.

Newer clutch is larger spline like those on 038 044 066.....that is same size rims, and a fatter stronger bearing. Old style clutch take smaller rims

Actually on a second look, I don't see the bushing for the worm gear in those pictures. Do you have it? It goes inside the pump and the worm gear goes on top. If it's not there, it's a problem. Looks like this:
View attachment 614601
could this be it inside the worm or does it take another one inside there?

Attachments

• IMG_7650.JPG
    IMG_7650.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7652.JPG
    IMG_7652.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Back