066 value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bower4311

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What would an 066 be worth that's pretty beat up cosmetically. Say some cracks in the plastic. Revs up fine but doesn't idle right with a good P & C?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

250-300 here if the cylinder is in good shape with good compression...

I got 600 for one that was a little beat-up but it was running really well with good plastics.
i'm getting $750 for a good looking 066bbk completely rebuilt.

The prices I get are for saws that I have fully gone through and inspected and fully functional.

A idle problems could be as little as 5mins of tuning but as much as fuel lines and oil seals and carb rebuild. Not knowing the cause of the problem will severely hamper the price of your unit.

save the auctions to your "watch list" but dont bid. You can then check what they sold for.

no that's not how. There is a button after you do a search for say "stihl 066" you can then select "completed listings" or something like that to look at the last 30 days of auctions for said search.

no that's not how. There is a button after you do a search for say "stihl 066" you can then select "completed listings" or something like that to look at the last 30 days of auctions for said search.

Yes, this works, but you can also go to the "advanced search" option (hyperlink to the right of the search bar) and check the box that says, "Complete Auctions Only" and then you can also determine a price range for the results. This is nice so that you can eliminate every little part that meets the search (e.g. make the minimum $100 so small parts get omitted).

I got 600 for one that was a little beat-up but it was running really well with good plastics.
i'm getting $750 for a good looking 066bbk completely rebuilt.

The prices I get are for saws that I have fully gone through and inspected and fully functional.

Pretty much exactly the prices I get for my "gone through" 066's......Anything nice and clean is $750, which is pretty much how I build them all.

One like the OP is describing.....$200-$250 is all I would want to pay. Maybe less if it's "ugly". Every time I think I got a good deal, it has never been as good as I expected.

You know I have wondered why there aren't any Chinese plastics kits for the 066/660's???? Seems like there are kits for the 026/260's and other stihls. Not enough 066/660 used stock out there to make it worth the investment to make AM top/air cover sets...???

If the case, clutch cover, and starter are in good shape you can always recoat with paint but the plastics always are faded and ugly 85% of the time...

my $250-$300 quote was assuming a new owner that will fix it not a saw mech like us buying it. I'd throw $200 on it if the condition wasn't too bad. I just got a complete 066 in really good shape that was torched. New bbk and fuel lines was the only stuff it needed. I paid around 3 bills for it.

Pretty much exactly the prices I get for my "gone through" 066's......Anything nice and clean is $750, which is pretty much how I build them all.

One like the OP is describing.....$200-$250 is all I would want to pay. Maybe less if it's "ugly". Every time I think I got a good deal, it has never been as good as I expected.

Not much on the outside is in good condition. I was thinking offering him $200, which was on par with one of those last few suggestions. Air filter, top and clutch cover are all cracked.

Out of curiosity, what are new 660s going for around the country?

I just learned how to do this today so we'll see if this works. Log into your ebay account then click on this link.

660 stihl | eBay

Should give eBay items with Stihl 660 in the description highest to lowest from the last 90 days including ones that were won and bought.

Should I stay around $200?

If you want it to run it and not to resell for profit and it has a good cylinder... You'd probably be good to go as high as $350. That is assuming you know how to fix what's wrong and the parts aren't expensive.

Assuming you are sure about the P&C being good....If you're buying it to tidy up and keep, you should be good if you can get it for $200....Even a little more.

I always build real "lookers" for sale, but the saws I keep around for work aren't quite as pretty....The wood doesn't care if they're pretty or not. :)

Get the 066

New orange plastic from Stihl will set you back about $85 with tax. If the engine runs well, you could easily go $300 and make out like a bandit, even if you had to rebuild the engine. That's what I did. My 660 runs like gangbusters.

A cleaned up 066 with good compression on E-bay can pull $700 or more. Loggers love these big saws, so the demand is going to be there for awhile. The reason is rather simple. Even a strong logger doesn't relish the idea of throwing around the 6 or 7 more pounds that an 088 or an MS880 weighs. Nor do they like the idea of paying almost twice as much to get one.

Basically I'm trying to get into fixing saws and learning. I have no need for it , I rarely hit firewood bigger than 28". I want to learn the ins and outs, fix it and sell it on ebay and hopefully make a buck or two. I have a near brand new Stihl 28" b and c I wouldn't mind putting on it to sell it. I might try for plastic uses from eBay then and clear coat to make it look better.

Basically I'm trying to get into fixing saws and learning. I have no need for it , I rarely hit firewood bigger than 28". I want to learn the ins and outs, fix it and sell it on ebay and hopefully make a buck or two. I have a near brand new Stihl 28" b and c I wouldn't mind putting on it to sell it. I might try for plastic uses from eBay then and clear coat to make it look better.

One thing to keep in mind when selling on ebay is that adding a bar makes a saw worth more (although less than the actual value of the b&c), but also can drastically increase the shipping costs due to needing a MUCH larger box - especially with longer bars like that. Keep in mind that the ebay machine also takes 10% of what you charge for shipping. IMO it's less of a hastle to sell powerheads only on ebay.

Latest posts

Back